Not able to reply to topis in "Community Forum Index » General Category » General Forum"

Hi Community Admin Team,

there is a forum available as “Community Forum Index » General Category » General Forum”.

When I try to reply to a post in this forum, I cannot submit the entry as I get a response “Forum empty, please select a forum”.

When checking the “General Category”, there are no entries under it.
“General Category” is also not visiible in the “Community Forum Index”.

Please check what is going wrong here and correct it.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

I got that same error, too, and probably it was to the same post. However, I found when you use the Quick Reply box, the lack of belonging to a particular forum doesn’t seem to cause an error and allows your reply to be posted.

Regds,

Brian

Hello Holger and Brian,

Could you please share the link to the post you are referring to

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
Tech Community Team

For me, it was this one:

-Brian

Hi,

I tried several of them:

I have reported these posts with a note that regular reply is not possible and suggested an existing forum where the post fits better.

Regards,
Holger

Yeah, somehow these are not being assigned a valid forum upon submission and end up in Community Forum Index » General Category » General Forum. The only way I even see these is through Recent Topics. Once they roll off that, since you cannot browse Community Forum Index » General Category » General Forum, they fall into the abyss.

I looked for a way for the responder to categorize the question into the appropriate forum but it doesn’t seem possible to me.

Hi,

I just noticed that you even cannot edit your owns posts(=replies ins this case) there.

These fail with the same error message.

Me too have only noticed these threads when looking for recent topics, new messages or unread posts.

Regards,
Holger

This is a side issue but pertains to the same discussion thread that I mentioned above. I had been signed on but somehow I had logged off (perhaps due to inactivity) so when I made my most recent “Quick Reply”, it posted it as Guest.

Should people be able to post/reply without logon credentials as Guest?

Hello Holger and Brian,

Thanks for pointing this out - typically users shouldn’t be redirected to or allowed create entries in this generic category. We have introduces a fix and hope this issue will be no longer observed.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Best regards,
Tech Community team

Hi,

except for one of the messages they were moved to the right forums meanwhile.

Please move Form name to create ticket in Remedy with Remedy Adpter - webMethods - Software AG Tech Community & Forums to the “Adapter & E-Standards” Forum.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks a lot - that one is moved now

Best regards,
Tech Community Team