Tech Community - Downtime tomorrow , May 9th, 6.00 AM - 9.30 AM CEST / 04:00-07:30 GMT

Dear Tech Community members,

The Tech Community websites will be down on May 9th, from 6.00 AM to 9.30 AM CEST / 04:00-07:30 GMT - apologies for the inconvenience.

We are launching a completely refreshed Tech Community website, easier to browse and navigate:
• You can browse through all the resources or select the product you are interested in (ALL PRODUCT AREAS).
• You can further refine your selection by using the channels listed under HOME.
In addition, we have published quick links to all the free trials.

Your subscriptions and personal account settings will be preserved.

Hope you will like the new look and feel. Let us know what do you think.

Best regards,
Tech Community Team

Just 2 things:

After logigng in the first time after the change to the community forum index the icons on front of the forums did not reflect the actual status of “new messages since last loign”.
Last login or Last visited was mentioend properly on top of the page.

Is there a specfic reason why the option for “Notify when a reply is posted” is hidden by default behiind the button “Options”?
Is there a setting to show these options by default?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

There was an issue , observed with some of our accounts, this morning with the new messages (some older ones were displayed as well). That was fixed, however, on the second login. Could you please let know if that is still observed with you?

As for “Notify when a reply is posted” - that is a good point. We will schedule this for update.

Best regards,
Tech Community Team

Even after logging in for the next time(s) the index did not show the forums which have new entries since last login.

This can only be obtained by checking the column “last message”.

This makes it very diffult to just check the forums which have new posts.

When opening the forum itself the messages are marked correctly.
Only in the community forum index the markup does not work as expected.

Additionally I am missing the link to the page where the “Contributors of the Month” could be displayed.

Regards,
Holger

Hi,

access to “My Profile” and “My Stream” is not possible when hovering the mouse over the avatar.

The menu expands, but it is not possible to access the entries in it as it is immediately collapsed when trying to move to the menu entries.

Regard,
Holger

Hello Holger,

Just to let you know - we are still trying to reproduce the issue with the New Messages.

As for accessing My profile and My stream - you need to click first on the Avatar and then go to My profile and My stream. Please let know if this helps. As this is not very friendly behavior we have also scheduled it for fixing

Thank you for your time and patience in resolving these.

Best regards,
Tech Community Team

Hi,

even clicking the avatar to access the menu under it is not always working.

During this week it was only working one time, any other tries failed.

Regards,
Holger

I have been unable to navigate to My Network, although I am able to get to My Stream.

Looks like the Community Forum Index has been fixed meanwhile as the icons in front of the forums are able to indicate new messages in them.

Regards,
Holger

Hello,

Apologies for the missing updates on the issues you’ve reported. Just to wrap up the status as of today:

• Missing icons identifying new posts on the forum index page
    that is fixed (as Holger mentioned)
  • Missing link to the contributors of the month section on the site
    that is fixed, please use the link Member Listing. Let us know if this works for you
  • Access to sign in, my network, edit profile, etc doesn’t always work from the forum – that is scheduled for fixing
  • Access to My network is impossible from My profile – that is scheduled for fixing.

Thanks a lot for the feedback you share with us. We will make sure to share following updates in timely manner

Best regards,
Tech Community Team

Hi,

Access to “Contributor of the Month” as well as to the “Top Contributors”/“All time contributors” is possible, but I liked “Top Ten Contribuitors of the Month” feature, which is not abailable currently.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

You are referring to this page http://tech.forums.softwareag.com/techjforum/user/topPostersList.page , right? If that is the case, it is now accessible from the Members page → Top forums-only contributors . We hope this helps

Best regards,
Tech Community Team

Hi Admin,

Thanks for keep me informed.

The previous “Member listings” feature is now available under the “Top foums-only contributors”, but instead of listing all users it is now shortened to show only the top 20.

Regards,
Holger