WebMethods as compared to other EAI tools

Hi All,

I am writing a paper on logistics enterprise integration using webMethods. I would like some input on advantages and disadvantages of webMethods over other EAI tools such as Mercator or MQ series. It would be good if anybody can just brief me on some points. If there is any article regarding such evaluations, please let me know. I have already checked up the advantage site but there is nothing very specific there. Any help is appreciated.

regds
Radhika

Radhika,

There are many white papers in Gartner Site, which has written by many market watchers on many EAI tools, you can pickup couple of messages from those, addition to that you also refer to …

www.eaijournal.com
www.ebizq.com
www.eaiexpo.com
www.informationweek.com (Research Reports Section)

and couple other magazine sites

-GV

Hi, Radhika.

GV is right; there are lots of public downloads for information like this. I wouldn’t be doing my job, however, if I didn’t suggest that our members who have written such articles upload them to the wMUsers Web site for everyone to read.

It is sometimes difficult to get specific webMethods information from general EAI papers at general EAI Web sites. I am happy to help everyone share their research and hard work with the rest of the wMUsers community.

If you have webMethods white paper to upload, send a note to whitepapers@wmusers.com.

The wMUsers White Papers can be found at [url=“wmusers.com”]wmusers.com.

Thanks, everyone.

Radhika,

Not sue if MQ ( with all respects to the product) will not be a good idea to use for Logistics integration, if say you are talking of integrating exernal customers also, you will need a EAI tool that can easily communicate with any of ERPs, Warehouse managemnt tools, truck management tools, track and trace systems etc. The EAI product should be able to do the conversions from one format of dat to another, example, IDOCS from one of the customers should be converted before they are fed into inhouse Warehouse management system etc.

Radhika,

Not sure if MQ ( with all respects to the product) will be a good idea to use for Logistics integration, if say you are talking of integrating exernal customers also, you will need a EAI tool that can easily communicate with any of ERPs, Warehouse managemnt tools, truck management tools, track and trace systems etc. The EAI product should be able to do the conversions from one format of dat to another, example, IDOCS from one of the customers should be converted before they are fed into inhouse Warehouse management system etc.

Hi ,
I have taken up a research on Enterprise Application Integration as part time for my MS. I am working on a project in webMethods. I am not sure of the exact topic on which I can carry out my research. I need to complete my research in 6 months and publish a paper. I really found those links useful. Now I’m just going through all the published papers. If someone can give me an idea on how to proceed with my research I would be thankful to you.

Thanks,
Pavithra.

Hi all,

I would like you guys, to share an opinion on a particular issue-

I’m working on webMethods from past one year in a respectable company in India. I want to go for higher studies like MS/Ph.D. and .

Is it really worth doing MS in Computer science with concentration in EAI(in a university which has good reputation,may not be among the very best)after two years of work experience-

I would like to know the answer to this question keeping in mind the following issues…

1. I have heard from some,who have done their MS,that after MS one would be given the same kind of work,as any one else who has done his MS without any work experience.Wouldnt it be better if we were to advance in one’s own field, continuing in work, rather than, pursuing higher education and diversing into other areas ,by doing MS.The area you might end up in ,after MS,could be different from the area you are working now.In that case you might really have no use of a prior experience.

2.No one could give you an assurance,on the job situation by the time you complete MS.

Also, if somebody is doing MS/Ph.D. in this area, please suggest some pointers for universities.

Thanks,
Sachin