webMethods 8.0.1.0 installation on Linux environment

Hi,

I am in the process of installing webMethods 8.0.1.0 in a Linux box using console. I have an image file which already been downloaded from software AG.

java -Xmx512m -Xincgc -jar webMethodsInstaller801.{jar|zip} -console

As per the installer guide, I have to execute the above command. I just want to know what the prerequisites i should take care before starting the execution of the above.

like folder creation…

I am in the root user and haven’t created any folder. Do i need to create folder like webMethods or it will be take care during installation?

@Lance,

I suggest to go through the following PDFs first before you install:

1. http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite8_ga/Cross_Product/webMethods_System_Requirements_8x.pdf
  2. http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/webmethods/wmsuites/wmsuite8_ga/Cross_Product/8-0_Software_AG_Installation_Guide.pdf

In short take a note of the following:

1. Create a wmuser on unix, avoid root user
  2. check for disk space, ports, network[in case you are installing online], RAM, full access on installation dir
  3. license file, jdk home[although it is not must, but good to have for development]
  4. External/local RDBMS details to configure JDBC pool [Good to have, not mandatory].

HTH.

Thanks,
Rankesh

Thank you Rankesh for the reply.

Atleast we need a JRE to run the installer in the console. Where to keep the JRE or JDK to be installed? is there any folder structure to be followed or I can install the JRE or JDK anywhere?

@Lance,

Generally linux comes with java. Run “which java” command to get the path.

If java is not there install it and set the classpath. [Generally java gets install under /usr/lib] Then you can run java command from any location.

HTH.

Thanks,
Rankesh

Hi,

I have java installed and i have the image already downloaded from software AG. Stored the same in the linux server. The linux server is not connected with the internet.

could you tell me what is the exact command for installing from an image in console. I am using the below command to install. But it is trying to connect to the internet to download the jars from software AG site. But the image is already there. Please help me.

java -Xmx512m -jar SoftwareAGInstaller.jar -existingImages /wmuat/SoftAGImage.zip

@Lance,

Command looks ok to me. What error you are getting? Can you please paste the console output?

Thanks,
Rankesh

[ec2-user@ip-172-26-5-2 sandeep]$ java -Xmx512m -jar SoftwareAGInstaller201410.jar -existingImages /home/ec2-user/sandeep/GE_WM97Image_RHELx86_64Bit.zip —after running this command on putty I could see installer is connecting to internet, is it not possible to install from the image directly without connecting to internet.

[ec2-user@ip-172-26-5-2 sandeep]$ java -Xmx512m -jar SoftwareAGInstaller201410.jar -existingImages /home/ec2-user/sandeep/GE_WM97Image_RHELx86_64Bit.zip

Welcome to the Software AG Installer

Release 2014-10

Build 9.7.0.0.179

Copyright (c) 2001-2014 Software AG, Darmstadt, Germany and/or Software AG USA Inc., Reston, VA, USA, and/or its subsidiaries and or/its affiliates and/or their licensors.

The name Software AG and all Software AG product names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Software AG and/or Software AG USA Inc. and/or its subsidiaries and or/its affiliates and/or their licensors. Other company and product names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.

Detailed information on trademarks and patents owned by Software AG and/or its subsidiaries is located at http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/legal/.

This software may include portions of third-party products. For third-party copyright notices and license terms, please refer to “License Texts, Copyright Notices and Disclaimers of Third Party Products”. This document is part of the product documentation, located at http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/legal/ and/or in the root installation directory of the licensed product(s).

Before installing or upgrading, see readmes, release notes, and installation or upgrade guides at
http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation

You might need to shut down running products before continuing. For details, see the installation or upgrade guide for your products.

For product releases not available on the installer, contact the Software AG Logistics Center.

N) Next T) Top X) Exit

Enter: [ N ] ?N

If your company connects to the Internet through an HTTP or Socks proxy server, you must use that proxy server to install. Use AutoDetect Proxy to automatically detect proxies using WPAD.

Checking network connectivity …

Use SSL to connect to the Software AG Installer Server?

Y (Yes) / N (No) [ N ] ?

Checking direct connection …

The installer successfully connected to the installer server without a proxy, but you can still configure one. Options are:

A) AutoDetect proxy using WPAD
H) Configure HTTP proxy
S) Configure Socks proxy
N) Next B) Back T) Top X) Exit

Select proxy option: [ N ] ?

Hi,

instead of “-existingImages” use “-readImage” in this case.

“-existingImages” is used in combination with “-writeImage” to select components from existing images instead of downloading them again.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like