Uninstall of webMethods product from Linux server

Hi,

Can any body please let me know the steps (Command) that how to uninstall the webMethods suit(IS && MWS) in Linux server.

Thanks in Advance!!!

What is your IS version here?

Anyways the uninstaller can be located in this path below and run this uninstall file:

your IS_installmainfolder/bin/uninstall

HTH,
RMG

Hi,

most likely you will have to add the “-console” option to the commad if you do not have access to the graphical interface of the Linux server.

Regards,
Holger

Hi All,

Thanks for the info along with the commands.

I have tried uninstall the webMethods suit and able to see the MWS is done with the Success and did not see the related logs about the Integration Server.

About MWS uninstall the logs says “Deleting the server instance…” , but there are no such logs for IS.

I observed there was a IS thread trying to run after the uninstall “BUILD SUCCESS”.

Please let me know that how to make sure the IS un-installation is done with end to end.

Thanks!!!

Madhu – As you are using Linux you can do netstat -a | grep 5555 whether any component running on that. Also if you see any FS’s not fully deleted , you can manually delete them.

Thanks,

Hi Madhu,

additional information:

Services should be stopped during installation/uninstallation of components to avoid locked files.

I agree with MR.
Remember to backup your custom files (i.e. packages, configs) before deleting the installation directory.

Regards,
Holger

Holger – What’s the need of back up as they don’t need to have anything related to wM as part of their servers.

Thanks,

Thanks MR and Holger

Got the enough solutions to move forward with it.

I have taken the back up of existing packages and configs for the safer side.

Madhu,

Please let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

HTH,
RMG

Hi Madhu,

I did same today, see this can help you :slight_smile:

It seems servers are uninstalled ssuccessfully. And you want to re confirm?

Please check this command . just do netstat -n | grep -i DB port number. Not IS.

This will confirm whether IS or MWS which is using this DB are still running(In your not installed properly) in backend.

Once u do uninstall. Delete the IS folder manually.

I have a question on Broker un install. See if you guys can help please I posted the query here.

http://tech.forums.softwareag.com/techjforum/posts/list/0/55877.page#204978

Thanks,
Vikas