Invocation Target Excedption on starting the MWS server

Hello ,

I am getting this exception on starting the MWS .

jvm 1 | com.webMethods.caf.faces.data.ContentProviderException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
jvm 1 | at com.webMethods.caf.faces.data.object.ObjectMethodContentProvider.refresh(ObjectMethodContentProvider.java:390)
jvm 1 | at com.webMethods.caf.eliminationtaskdetails.EliminationTaskDetails.getEscalationDurationPT(EliminationTaskDetails.java:95)
jvm 1 | at com.webMethods.caf.taskclient.ProductionTask$TaskData.(ProductionTask.java:49)
jvm 1 | at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor514.newInstance(Unknown Source)
jvm 1 | at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
jvm 1 | at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)
jvm 1 | at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:374)
jvm 1 | at com.webMethods.portal.mech.task.impl.TaskDataHelper.cloneObject(TaskDataHelper.java:273)
jvm 1 | at com.webMethods.portal.service.task.impl.TaskService.getTaskData(TaskService.java:544)
jvm 1 | at com.webMethods.portal.mech.task.impl.TaskScheduleHandler.runScheduleHandlerImpl(TaskScheduleHandler.java:174)
jvm 1 | at com.webMethods.portal.mech.task.impl.TaskScheduleHandler$1.run(TaskScheduleHandler.java:313)
jvm 1 | at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
jvm 1 | at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
jvm 1 | at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)
jvm 1 | Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
jvm 1 | at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor192.invoke(Unknown Source)
jvm 1 | at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
jvm 1 | at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
jvm 1 | at com.webMethods.caf.faces.data.object.ObjectMethodContentProvider.refresh(ObjectMethodContentProvider.java:366)
jvm 1 | … 13 more
jvm 1 | Caused by: electric.util.WrappedException: SOAPException( Client: [ISS.0088.9134] Exception occurred while processing the body of the message )
jvm 1 | at com.webMethods.caf.wsclient.proxy.impl.WSClientDynamicProxy.getCompatibleException(WSClientDynamicProxy.java:493)
jvm 1 | at com.webMethods.caf.wsclient.proxy.impl.WSClientDynamicProxy.invoke(WSClientDynamicProxy.java:255)
jvm 1 | at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy57.dynamicQueryService(Unknown Source)
jvm 1 | … 17 more

Upon , loading the application , it is working properly . Can you please help me the reason for this exception.

Thanks ,
Anjju

Is it the first time you are bring up the MWS server and any recent changes or fixes installed on this MWS?

What is the version here and env details?

HTH,
RMG

Hi ,

It is not the first time that I am starting the server . But I created and deleted a new mws instance in between as requested by my client . After deleting the newly created instance , then starting the existing instance , the mws server is not getting started .

The MWS details ’
Version Information
Version: 9.5.1.0.172
Build Date: 2013-09-16

Software
Product webMethods Integration Server
Version 9.5.1.0
Updates None
Build Number 202
SSL Strong (128-bit)

Server Environment
Java Version 1.7.0_25 (51.0)
Java VM Name Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM
Java Build Info 23.25-b01, mixed mode
Java Vendor Oracle Corporation
Java Home C:\SoftwareAG\jvm\jvm\jre
Java Entrust Toolkit Version Entrust Authority™ Security Toolkit for the Java(R) Platform version 8.0 Patch 179221 FIPS
Server Process Id 5112

Thanks,
Anju

Please share the steps you followed to delete existing instance and new instance. Also share which OS you are on ?

Thanks,

Hi ,

Please find below the steps I used to create and delete the new instance. I did’nt change the existing instance . I created the new instance to simulate the client side environment and once that was resolved , I deleted the new instance according to the below steps .

Create the new MWS instance:

1. Use the Db component configurator of WM to create a new database and tables for the “product” my webMethods server in it. Make sure to select “create”, product “my webMethods server”, version “latest”, RDBMS must match yours (I am assuming SQL-Server), URL must match your environment, e.g. “jdbc:wm:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=wm97”, User ID/password for the new user to be created. Make sure to check “Create database and database user” and provide the user/password of a DB administrator and again the db-name you want to create
  2. Create the new mws instance by opening a command prompt at [instaldir]/MWS/bin and run:

mws.bat new -Dserver.name=eli -Dhttp.port=8586 -Ddb.type=ms -Ddb.url=“jdbc:wm:sqlserver://yourDbServer:1433;databaseName=EliminationProcessMWS95;MaxPooledStatements=35” -Ddb.username=yourDbUser -Ddb.password=XXXXX

remarks:
eli is an example for the name of your new instance
EliminationProcessMWS95 must match the name of the db you created
This assumes that your new MWS instance will run at port 8586
yourDbServer is the name of your db host
yourDbUser is the db username
XXXX is your DB password

This may take a while

1. Then set this in the same prompt:

set _JAVA_OPTIONS=-Djava.io.tmpdir=c:\temp

to point to whaterver (preferable empty) directory you have available
  1. Go to [installationfolder]/profiles/ and delete the folder created for your new instance, e.g. “MWS_myInstance”
  2. Then run

mws.bat -s eli create-osgi-profile

where eli must match your instances name. This may take a while

1. run

mws.bat -s eli init

where eli must match your instances name. This will take a while

1. to to [installdir]/MWS/server/eli/bin (where eli must match your instances name) and run

run.bat

there. This will take a while
to your new MWS (go to IS admin-page, Settings/resources/edit and change the SAML url)
9) Also for BPM you need to let your IS’s monitor package to point to your MWS. Go to IS admin page, package, WmMonitoring (click on the house-icon), change the MWS-Host/Port there

If you want to get rid of your new instance:

1. Run: mws.bat -s eli delete
  2. empty the temp dir (d:\temp)
  3. Delete the profile folder from [installdir]/profiles
  4. Use db component configurator to drop the db tables for component “my webMethods server” and “central configuration”
  5. Change SAML and WmMonitoring back to your normal MWS

Thanks,
Anju

Anju – Follow the below steps:

./mws.sh delete -Dserver.name=default1 -Ddb.type=ms Ddb.url="jdbc:wm:sqlserver://x.x.x.x:1433;databaseName=abc -Ddb.username=User_name -Ddb.password=xxx ( for SQL )
./mws.sh delete -Dserver.name=default -Ddb.type=oracle Ddb.url=“jdbc:wm:oracle://x.x.x.x:1521;ServiceName=abc” -Ddb.username=User_name -Ddb.password=xxx ( for Oracle )

./mws.sh new -Dserver.name=default -Ddb.type=ms Ddb.url=“jdbc:wm:sqlserver://x.x.x.x:1433;databaseName=abc” -Ddb.username=User_name -Ddb.password=xxx ( for SQL )
./mws.sh new -Dserver.name=default -Ddb.type=oracle Ddb.url=“jdbc:wm:oracle://x.x.x.x:1521;ServiceName=abc” -Ddb.username=User_name -Ddb.password=xxx ( for Oracle )

Let me know if you still have issues after following above steps.

Thanks,

Hi ,

Is that to delete the existing instance and create the same ?

Thanks
Anju

Yes,

Thanks,

Anju – Also change the values as per your environment. Let me know if you come across any issues.

Thanks,

Yes please check the above and try configure it.

HTH,
RMG