Scheduler not working webmethod 9

Hello,

We are trying to setup a new environment with webmethod 9, all patches and version are same but scheduler jobs are not running on new environment. It run once and then nextRun set as 0.
I checked IS_USER_TASKS the value is there but never changed but at least its not 0. Is there anything I need to compare between the two servers.

Webmethod 9.0.0.0 IS_9.9_Core_Fix8IS_9.9_Core_Fix8

Hi @farooq.zubairi
Why are you using webMethods 9 which has reach the EOS. Also the fix level IS_9.9_Core_Fix8 is too old, latest is IS_9.9_Core_Fix36.

If possible, I would suggest to upgrade the product or atleast apply the latest fixes and try again.

1 Like

Thanks Jaideep
We have an environment where fix IS_9.9_Core_Fix8 is working fine, so we have limitation from client to stick with this version so product upgrade is not feasible. I was just wondering how to increase logs to see is there anything happing on DB level, but when I set log level to DEBUG I got nothing

This is exception i am getting, scheduler still active but not running and nextRun is 0

Integration Server Error Log function checkEverything() { if (!verifyRequiredNonNegNumber(‘logform’, ‘numlines’)) { alert(“Number of lines to display must be a non negative number.”); return false; } var numEntered = document.getElementById(“numlines”).value; if(numEntered <=0 || numEntered > 65535) { alert(“Number of lines to display must be between 1 to 65535.”); return false; } if ( document.logform.qfromdate != null && document.logform.qtodate != null ) { var fromDate = document.logform.qfromdate.value; var invalidItems = /;|,|_|<|>|@|?|#|*|&|^|~|%|!|"|$|/|[a-zA-Z]/ig; if (fromDate.match(invalidItems)) { alert(“From Date can only contain valid date values in YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS format.”); return false; } var toDate = document.logform.qtodate.value; if (toDate.match(invalidItems)) { alert(“To Date can only contain valid date values in YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS format.”); return false; } } var alertMaxEntries = document.getElementById(“alertMaxEntries”).value; var numEntries = document.getElementById(“numlines”).value; if( isEmpty(alertMaxEntries) || isNaN(alertMaxEntries) || parseInt(alertMaxEntries) < 1 || !isInteger(alertMaxEntries)) { return true; } alertMaxEntries = parseInt(alertMaxEntries); numEntries = parseInt(numEntries); if(numEntries > alertMaxEntries) { var choice=confirm(“Number of entries to display exceed the value specified for the watt.server.log.alertMaxEntries property.\n\nIncreasing the number of entries displayed can slow system performance.\n\nDo you wish to continue?” ); if (choice==false) { document.getElementById(“numlines”).value = document.getElementById(“oldNumLines”).value; return false; } } } function refreshSearch() { document.queryform.action = “svc_queryframe.dsp” document.queryform.target = “query” document.queryform.submit(); // Submit the page } var today = new Date(); var thisMonth = today.getMonth(); var thisYear = today.getFullYear(); var thisDate = today.getDate(); var headerExist = false; function openCalendar( which ) { window.open( “calendar.dsp?month=”+thisMonth+“&year=”+thisYear+“&date=”+thisDate +“&which=”+escape(which), “calendar”, “width=600,height=350,resizable=yes” ); } function getTodayDate() { return thisYear + “-” + thisMonth + “-” + thisDate; } window.setInterval(“checkEverything()”,“90”*1000);

java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:542)
at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:766)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.scheduler.TimeMigrator.checkDBLevel(TimeMigrator.java:91)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.scheduler.ScheduleDB.init(ScheduleDB.java:1033)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.scheduler.ScheduleManager.init(ScheduleManager.java:61)
at wm.server.schedule.init(schedule.java:219)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:417)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:650)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:49)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:243)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:49)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.PipelineProcessor.process(PipelineProcessor.java:171)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:303)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:34)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:371)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:549)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:386)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:238)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:107)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:79)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.SessionInvoke.run(SessionInvoke.java:33)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:127)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Hi @farooq.zubairi ,
As mentioned by Jaideep earlier , 9.9 Core Fix 8 is very old , it is likely that this issue has been resolved in later fixes . If upgrading the version is not an option for you , do consider installing latest core fixes on 9.9.

Also do check out the linked issue JDBCPools scheduler stuck at Next Run 0.0 - Active - #5 by mcser76 , the error stack trace is identical, You can check if this applies to you.

-NP

Dears
is there a way I can see all fixes on version 9.9, any link

You can see the installed fix details on the IS Admin “About” page on the top-right.
You can also use Update Manager as well.

KM

For the issue with Next Run 0.0, you could also set the facility 137 ( Scheduler) to trace in the server logger configuration ( Settings > Logging > Edit Server Logger Details) . Then you can check if there is additional info in the logs.

-NP

Hi,
I am i want to see the list of fixes web-method has for version 9.9

You can use Update Manager to see the latest fix details available.

Hi @Nagendra_Prasad
When i try debug i doesn’t even see any log, only info shows me which i shared

You can try setting the level to TRACE instead of debug , this would be seen as 0137 User Task Scheduler in the Server Logger Configuration and see if that helps.

-NP

1 Like

I am keep getting this using trace
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
IfVarToken.processArgs value:invokeInOrder index:0 ret:true"",[3647][56810]2022-10-09 00:38:05 UTC [ISC.0072.0022D]
Performing “html” encoding for input: "[33809]2022-10-09 00:36:33 UTC [ISC.0072.0022D]
Performing “html” encoding for input: “[10679]2022-10-09 00:35:37 UTC [ISS.0026.0001D]
Loading service pub.table:stringTableToTable”. Output is: "[10679]2022-10-09 00:35:37 UTC [ISS.0026.0001D]
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Note this error i am getting once i update fix 8, if no fix applied schedulers works fine, but one of the stable environment has fix 8 and everything works fine

Trace level logs

IfVarToken.processArgs value:invokeInOrder index:0 ret:true"",[3647][56810]2022-10-09 00:38:05 UTC [ISC.0072.0022D]

Performing “html” encoding for input: "[33809]2022-10-09 00:36:33 UTC [ISC.0072.0022D]

Performing “html” encoding for input: "[10679]2022-10-09 00:35:37 UTC [ISS.0026.0001D]

Loading service pub.table:stringTableToTable". Output is: "[10679]2022-10-09 00:35:37 UTC [ISS.0026.0001D]

Info level logs

[SCHED] IS 9.9, scheduler version: 9.9.0.4

Error level logs

java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:542)
at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:766)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.scheduler.TimeMigrator.checkDBLevel(TimeMigrator.java:91)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.scheduler.ScheduleDB.init(ScheduleDB.java:1033)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.scheduler.ScheduleManager.run(ScheduleManager.java:187)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:127)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Hi @farooq.zubairi
It seems you have not migrated the “component_event” table properly. That table is used during IS Scheduler initialization to confirm that the version in the database is as expected.

So, can you please apply latest Database fix and use the Database Component Configurator (DCC) to move the ISInternal Database Component to the latest version.

HI Jaideep,

Just want to ask one thing as I explained we have one environment which is working fine with WM 9.9 Fix 8. We copy schema and install same version but without fix schedulers are working when we install fix8 it stop working as expected

Hi @farooq.zubairi ,
Are the working and non-working IS connected to same database schema (check the JDBC pool configured for ISInternal). Is the “component_event” table data same for both the nodes. If no, then see if copying the data of “component_event” table from working node database to non-working database helps.

Thanks.

Hi @Jaideep
Yes the second environment has not data in component_event so should I just copied and restart ?

Hi @Jaideep
Excellent I can see scheduler working, but I just want to know for my self do we need to always copy this data or its part of product installation itself. I want to document for others to come

1 Like