Files not found after MWS (My webMethods Server) installation

Hello.
I install the free trial version of webMethods 10.11 in my Windows 10. My instance’s name is default. After the installation IntegrationServer runs perfectly. From http://localhost:5555, I can log in the IS administration panel.

But when come to MWS (My webMethods Server), some files (that I have supposed to have after the installation) are missing.
In C:\SoftwareAG\profiles\MWS_default, I don’t have the .bat files (restart.bat, etc.) that I am supposed to have.

I use Oracle XE 18C with SQL Developer and dbConfiguratorUI.bat to create the tables in the database.

Also, when I use the file startup.bat in my console from C:\SoftwareAG\MWS\server\default\bin to start MWS , I get an error:

Le système ne peut trouver le fichier C:\SoftwareAG\MWS\server\default\bin\instance.properties.
JAVA_HOME: C:\SoftwareAG\jvm\jvm
MWS_HOME:  C:\SoftwareAG\MWS
WM_HOME:   C:\SoftwareAG
----------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: My webMethods Server "default" profile does not exist
at "C:\SoftwareAG\profiles\MWS_default.
Please create this server profile using "create-osgi-profile" command
or specify a different platform install path using the -p option.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

So MWS is not starting and I have nothing on http://localhost:8585.

Does anybody know what I have to do ? Thanks in advance.

NB: In mws.db.xml in C:\SoftwareAG\MWS\server\default\config, there are no URL, USER, PASSWORD values. Even if I add the values, MWS can not start: I get the same error (that I’ve showed above)

If there is a profile folder created that means you’ve chosen to create an MWS instance during the installation, but then you are saying your mws.db.xml was not populated with correct and valid DB information which means it was not provided in the installer during the installation. Valid and working DB connection is a must for a successful instance creation. Without DB info your instance was not created and hence you cannot start it. As suggested you can use the tooling and create brand new instance:
My webMethods Server Instance Management (softwareag.com)

1 Like

Thank you for your reply @bgmeat1. I follow the link and install Command Central to run the code that create a new MWS instance. Here is the code:

sagcc create instances local MwsProgramFiles instance.name=default db.type=oracle db.username=webmws db.password=admin2022 db.url=“jdbc:wm:oracle://localhost:1521;databaseName=webmws” db.driver=com.wm.dd.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver

After running, I get: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

NB: even if I replace the alias local by the name of my instance default: it is not working !

Any idea on how I get it work ?

You can try without Commad central, seems like Ive given you the CC link by mistake.
new (softwareag.com)
Command central requires a running SPM plugin, for now try the simpler approach with the mws tooling.

Hi Chancerel Codjovi,

Looks like your MWS profile is not created. You can follow the below steps to create a new profile.

1. Navigate to C:\SoftwareAG\MWS\bin
  2. Run this command along with your data
    mws.bat new -Dserver.name=node2 -Dhttp.port= -Djmx.port= -Ddb.type=oracle -Ddb.url= -Ddb.username= -Ddb.password=

Regards,
Nayan

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.