Unable to uninstall webmethods 8.2 in windows 7

Unable to uninstall webMethods 8.2 in windows 7

getting below error.

The problem is wM 8.2 that you have installed is a 32-bit image and your operating system is 64-bit.

Try to download windows uninstaller from Google if not go the installation folder and delete the SAG webMethods folder.

The problem is wM 8.2 that you have installed is a 332-bit image and your operating system is 64-bit.

Try to download windows uninstaller from Google or if not trying uninstalling through command prompt (Google should help you with the commands) if not

Last option: go the installation folder and delete the SAG webMethods folder.

Also check the broker server & monitor from the windows services list whether they are stopped.

Did you upgrade your OS after installing webMethods products?

Please check the <WM_DIR>/install/products/CustomInstall.prop as below:

1. Find the value which corresponds to product, let’s consider it as <product_name>
  2. Find the value which corresponds to <product_name>/children, consider it as <children_name>

In my case, the file content is:

product=e2ei/11/WIR_9.0.1.0.554/Infrastructure/CustomInstall
e2ei/11/WIR_9.0.1.0.554/Infrastructure/CustomInstall/children=CustomInstall-LNXAMD64-Domestic,CustomInstall-LNXAMD64-Export

So the <children_name> is CustomInstall-LNXAMD64-Domestic,CustomInstall-LNXAMD64-Export

Could you paste your <children_name> and OS info?

Thanks for the response.

product=e2ei/11/WIR_8.2.4.1.176/Infrastructure/CustomInstall

e2ei/11/WIR_8.2.4.1.176/Infrastructure/CustomInstall/children=CustomInstall-W64-Domestic,CustomInstall-W64-Export

Product e2ei/11/WIR_8.2.4.1.176/Infrastructure/CustomInstall properties

I am not sure about upgrade. I have taken from the other employee.

It means the webMethods products were installed in a Microsoft Windows x86-64 (EM64T, AMD64). Could you try to run the code below, and see what’s the OS now? You may need to import <WM_DIR>/install/jars/DistMan.jar.

import com.wm.distman.install.DistManUtils;

System.out.println(DistManUtils.pkgString());

I am getting the below output

WNT

Did you try running the uninstaller from the Windows Control Center?

Did you try running the console based uninstaller with the mentioned option “-32bitinstall” (mentioned in your first screenshot)?

If so please share the results.

I had an 8.2 installation using a 32Bit image on my Windows 7 64Bit maschine some time ago and I was able to uninstall it by using the Windows Control Center. Only part I left installed is the UpdateManager and its requirements.

Regards,
Holger

Please try to run Uninstaller using the command below, replace <WM_DIR> with the directory where you install the webMethods:

java -cp <WM_DIR>/install/jars/DistMan.jar com.wm.distman.install.DistManUninstallMain -fakePlatform W64 -installDir <WM_DIR>

In my case, it’s:

java -cp /opt/wm9/install/jars/DistMan.jar com.wm.distman.install.DistManUninstallMain -fakePlatform W64 -installDir /opt/wm9

1 Like

Hi,
I am also facing problem in uninstalling wM 9.8 from windows system.
First there is no entry is present for uninstalling from the Windows Control Center.

Have tried to uninstall using the below command

java -cp <WM_DIR>/install/jars/DistMan.jar com.wm.distman.install.DistManUninstallMain -fakePlatform W64 -installDir <WM_DIR>
(java -cp C:/SoftwareAG98/install/jars/DistMan.jar com.wm.distman.install.DistManUninstallMain -fakePlatform W64 -installDir C:/SoftwareAG98)

But getting error…
First it pop up with the below error message .PFA for “FirstError.png”

After proceeding to next step with this error message, I have selected component to uninstall but getting the below error message.PFA for “secondError.png” and “hs_err_pid408.log”
Also find “uninstallLog.txt” for further reference

System specification
Java:JDK 1.8.0_31(64 bit)
wM version:9.8 trial version

Thanks
Baharul Islam

SecondError.PNG

hs_err_pid408.log (30 KB)

did you try with some uninstaller software’s like windows uninstaller, revo uninstaller?

did you try with some uninstaller software’s like windows uninstaller, revo uninstaller?

Baharul,
Ignore for duplicate message, its not my fault. This website behaves weird sometimes.

Hello,

I have the same problem as Baharul when trying to uninstall webMethods 9.9 Free Trial from a Windows 10 platform.

Vlad Turian

You can try to use Revo-Uninstaller, it may resolve the issue. Please update after a try.

Thanks,

Revo-Uninstaller also uses the same WM uninstaller. Hence, this doesn’t work

This is the only right answer given on the thread…

Use use the command and it works. The reason for this issue?
SoftwareAG tries to access your local temp folder to load/unload the installer files and run a script to know what’s your version. If it fails to identify or run the command (due to admin restrictions, etc.) it assigns your system as 32-bit, even though it was 64-bit OS.