Unable to Uninstall webMethods 10 and 10.1 in Windows 10

Hi Team,

I have mistakenly deleted the Software AG files and folder in my system.
However, webMethods APP still remains in my drive and it’s consuming more space around (5 GB)

I am unable to uninstall this. As it’s looking for respective files.

Hence, kindly request you to help on this.

Kindly let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi

Hi Lakshmi,
when you deleted SAG folders the products are definitely gone, not using 5GB of data anymore.
It’s likely only your windows installer (keeping details in windows registry) that still thinks there is something.
Two ways out:
(1) You re-install and then uninstall the the software correctly (clean)
(2) you use build in windows registry editor or other free downloadable tools to cleanup the windows installer repository. (faster).
Best regards,
Holm.

2 Likes

To uninstall:
Open Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs.
Click the option to Change/Remove the Data Transformation software.
At the prompt, click the option to remove the Agent for webMethods.
Open the webMethods Web Administration tool and delete the Data Transformation package.
I hope this helps!
Ben Martin

Hi Lakshmi,

when the wM Services are still running during deletion, then not all of the files can be deleted.

During a clean uninstall as described by @Holm_Steinland3 in Step 1, the services are stopped and removed from the registry before deleting the directories.

Even after a clean uninstallation, there will be some files remaining in the folder structure which could not be deleted during the uninstallation as they were blocked by Uninstaller itself or of which the uninstallation is not aware of as they were created after the installation, i.e. packages with the custom implementation or custom configuration and property files.
These need to be cleaned up manually after uninstallation has completed.

You can try to check the Windows Services Manager (i.e. via TaskManager) for running services related to SoftwareAG and/or webMethods and set them to “disabled”. Reboot once afterwards to make sure that they are really stopped now.

Some Registry Scannig/Checking/Repairing tools might also be helpful here to identify and remove orphaned registry entries.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks for the reply.

The issue is resolved.

Thanks & Regards,

Sushma

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.