Unable to start MWS --Unable to register component: "null" due to "[POP.005.0029] server node name m

Hi All,
I need your help once again.

Installed wM8.2.2 on RedHat linux. When trying to start mws with the help of run.sh from /opt/softwareag/MWS/server/default/bin getting below error. This is the
first time I am starting MWS server.

com.webMethods.portal.PortalException: [POP.005.0004] Unable to register component: “null” due to “[POP.005.0029] server node name must not be empty”
at com.webMethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.registerComponent(BaseProvider.java:409)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.cluster.impl.ClusterProvider.registerLocalClusterNode(ClusterProvider.java:369)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.cluster.impl.ClusterProvider.init(ClusterProvider.java:258)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhase.initComponent(DefaultPhase.java:107)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.initComponents(BaseProvider.java:602)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.init(BaseProvider.java:170)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhase.init(DefaultPhase.java:49)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhaseProvider.initComponent(DefaultPhaseProvider.java:262)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.initComponents(BaseProvider.java:602)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.init(BaseProvider.java:170)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhaseProvider.initializePhases(DefaultPhaseProvider.java:91)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.init.impl.ClusterPhaseProvider.initializePhases(ClusterPhaseProvider.java:65)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.init.impl.PartitionPhaseProvider.initializePhases(PartitionPhaseProvider.java:59)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.PortalSystem.init(PortalSystem.java:874)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.PortalSystem.main(PortalSystem.java:826)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.start.Main.start(Main.java:133)
at com.webMethods.portal.system.start.Main.main(Main.java:38)
2015-04-27 07:34:39 EDT (Framework:INFO) - Shutting down…

Hi Al,
I tried to create a default instance with the help of below syntax:

./mws.sh new -Dserver.name=default -Ddb.type=ms Ddb.url="jdbc:wm:sqlser…

This script is been running for last 30 mins and I had observed below things.

1. In MWS/server/default/logs location only found below files

soap.xml
errors.xml
which doesn’t have any valuable content.

1. As part of mws.db.xml file under MWS/server/default/config location having some dummy values instead of correct DB details.

Any idea how much time ./mws.sh new script runs and when should I update mws.db.xml file to point to correct DB.

Kindly help me on this.

Thanks,

Anil,

Before starting MWS, did you run the DB configuration successfully for MWS components/products?

Eventually fixed the issue.

Resolution Steps:

Killed all scripts which are running related to mws.
Deleted all server instances with mws.sh delete command and deleted folders too manually.
Created default server instance with mws.sh new command
Manually edited mws.db.xml to point to correct DB.
started mws.sh -s default run which kicked-off mws normally.

Thanks,