Trouble sending Emails outside domain

Hi All,

I receive emails when i send them using the pub.client:smtp to a email address within the domain. But when i try sending emails to addresses outside the domain, they fail to reach the destination.
I am using AIX RS6000 box and was wondering if you folks had experienced similar problem or know where the problem could be.

Thanks in advance,

Gamad

Hi Gamad,

The reason must be that you have not specified a valid ‘to’ email address in the smtp service. Please also ensure that this ‘to’ email address exists within the domain email server that you have specified.

Then it should work.

• Rajesh Rao

Hi Rajesh,

I do have the to address in the smtp…but it works only for internal emails (local to the domain) and not for external email addresses like @hotmail.com and @yahoo.com
Also can you elaborate on

Please also ensure that this ‘to’ email address exists within the domain email server that you have specified.

Thanks,

Gamad

Hi,

check with your mail administrator. If your mail server is not configured for anonymous relay, then it may not allow mails to be sent to other domains over SMTP port without any authentication.

Hi Gamad,

What I meant by
"
Please also ensure that this ‘to’ email address exists within the domain email server that you have specified.
"

is that if you have given a ‘mailhost’ address as ‘abc.com’, then your ‘to’ email address should be ‘gamad@abc.com’ which exists within the mailhost ‘abc.com’. You cannot give a ‘to’ address as ‘gamad@xyz.com’, which does not exists in ‘abc.com’ mail host, but exists in ‘xyz.com’ mail host.

Hope I have cleared your doubts.

• Rajesh Rao

Hello John,

The hostname/IP address which you specify in the mailHost parameter of the smtp service should be YOUR internal mail host. It is NOT the mail host of the address that you are trying to send to. Also like what I mentioned in my previous post, please ensure that the ‘from’ email address is specified and is a valid address in your INTERNAL mail server.

-Rajesh Rao