Problem using SagMailGateway

I have setup a simple sequence in which I want to make use of the SagMailGateway to send an email response. When i run the sequence I get the following error in the DefaultComponentFactory.xbd.log

2003-02-28 11:46:02,666 Thread-2 ERROR xbd - SagMailGateway - sendMessage: MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: usmsg06, port: 25
javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: usmsg06, port: 25

the error is quite clear and obvious, yet I don’t know how to resolve the issue. Do I need to configure any additional components on my machine to get the Mail Gateway to work? I have looked through the documentation but didn’t find any additional information.

Regards
Theo

I have found a workaround for the problem. I downloaded and installed a mail server on my machine. In this instance I used a mail server called ShareMailPro and I also did a test using Apache’s James mail server. If I install and configure a local mail server on port 25, then everything works 100%. I can monitor the messages as the flow through my mail server (which means the SagMailGateway) works well.

I still don’t understand why I cannot connect to our regular network mail server? I will hunt for the solution, but if anyone has some ideas please feel free to share them with me.

Regards
Theo

Hi Theo,

this might be a security issue.
I’m getting an “access denied” error when I contact this host directly (which is okay for me because I don’t have an account on this machine).

Kind regards,
Rolf