Tamino 4.1.4.1 Evaluation Version: System Hub Hang

Hi,

I’ve installed Tamino on a RedHat Linux 2.1 Advanced Server Update 6 machine and encountered some problems. First I installed the apache2 server that comes together with Tamino - it works fine. I created a user and a group named “sag” and started setup.ux using this user - I’ve tried installing with graphical frontend and on commandline. I’m installing to /home/sag/ and tried /usr/local/sag/ and /opt/tamino/ before. I use “full installation” most of the time but also tried “custom installation” with different settings.

Installation of “Base Techonlogy”, “System Management Hub” and “Extended Transport Service” works fine, but when it comes to installing Tamino itself the installer hangs after displaying:

—snip—
Calling the postinstallation action of Tamino.
regutil -INFO- Processing input file: /home/sag/ino/v4141/INSTALL/tamino.regutil
regutil -INFO- Input file successfully processed
regutil -INFO- Processing input file: /home/sag/ino/v4141/INSTALL/client.regutil
regutil -INFO- Input file successfully processed
—snap—

The installer will continue after killing the process
/home/sag/common/arg/bin/argcfg input_file=/home/sag/ino/v4141/INSTALL/tamino_agents.xml overwrite=yes
or after clicking the “Abort”-button, displaying these messages:

—snip—
Updating /etc/hosts…done
Stopping Software AG System Management Hub - MIL Server…
done…
Stopping Software AG System Management Hub - Server…
/etc/init.d/sagarg: kill: (14665) - No such pid
done…
Stopping Software AG System Management Hub - Event Server…
/etc/init.d/sagargev: kill: (14641) - No such pid
done…
Starting Software AG System Management Hub - Event Server…
Software AG
Software AG System Management Hub EventLayer Daemon
ARG for Linux Intel
Flow : Background process started…
done…
Starting Software AG System Management Hub - Server…
Software AG
Software AG System Management Hub CSLayer Daemon
ARG for Linux Intel
done…
Starting Software AG System Management Hub - MIL Server…
Software AG
Software AG System Management Hub MILayer Daemon
ARG for Linux Intel
done…
—snap—

but will display an error message: “The post installation script didn’t finish successfully”. After clicking “Next” the following error message is displayed:

—snip—
Command started at: 2005-01-31 12:18:18

Target ‘bkadev03’ is unknown (‘bkadev03’ possibly not registered as IP Address in hostlist)! Please
use the SMH gui “add host” command to add ‘bkadev03’ to the list of managed systems.

Error on read: (ARG0115) Host has closed connection

Command ended at: 2005-01-31 12:18:19
—snap—

Afterwards the installation finishes without any further errors. I’m a bit confused about this one since entering “host bkadev03” on the command line returns the correct hostname and ip address, and after starting the system management hub there is an entry listed for bkadev03. Anyway, after clicking ANY icon/button or whatever in the smh there is no response - just a blank page being displayed.

Hope you can help me with this one.
Best regards,
Clemens Prerovsky
BEKO Engineering & Informatik AG

For an in-depth analysis of the problem, we would need the installation logs
We suggest that you raise an issue at your local Software AG support for
further investigation

regards

Harald