Error installing Tamino on Win2k

Hello,

When attempting to install the new XML starter kit I get an error during the System Management Hub installation.

Error: 0x80040705 in one dialog and then
1628: Failed to Complete instal of System Management Hub in another dialog.

Anyone have any ideas?

Kind regards,
Eric
W2k SP4 with Apache

Eric,

did you install the new starterkit http://www.xmlstarterkit.com/down/download_XMLServer.htm ? Wow, you are an early bird!

Please check if you downloaded the new one. We have no known issues with the installation. But we will check!

regards,

Timm

Hello Timm,

Yes, I downloaded the new one (4.1.4).
I’ve tried installing the XML Server on two
Win2K machines (Pro and Server). The System Management Hub portion of the installation that returns errors. In both cases (Win2K pro and server),I get the same error.

I turned off the firewall do to the installation.
Is there an install log file I can look at?

Kind regards,
Eric

Hello Timm,

Has the System Management Hub version changed in the new release(4.1.4)? The setup bitmap state SMH says the that it trying to install V3.1.1 of the SMH.

Kind regards,
Eric

I got same error on Win2k Professional Eng SP3 with IIS included in Windows distrib.

Puh, too bad.

- Eric, do you use MS IIS or apache?
- did you have a previous version of Tamino installed on the same machine? If so, which?

If you had a previous Version of Tamino on the machine, a deinstallation prior to the installation of the new one is recommended.

To get a more detailed error message, install the SMH component manually. Start \WINDOWS\ARG\setup.exe . If a registration key is required, use “ARG3110002495735”.

I hope we are not having a general problem here.

regards,

Timm

Hello Tim,

I’m using Apache 2.0.43. I did have have XML stater kit 3.1.1 installed on the Win2K Pro machine at one point, but not on the Win2K server. But, it was uninstalled a while back (6+ months)and i cleaned up the registry at that time too.

Do the user accounts have to be logged in a Windows domain account? I logon locally on the win2k machine. I’m not sure if the server has it own domain or not? I don’t have access to the machine at the moment. Does this affect the SMH?

I tried installing the component manually and I get the same error message. I don’t get to the registry portion.

Kind regards,
Eric

Eric,
if you are willing, we can do a little further debugging. So far we could not reproduce your error.

The domain should not affect the installation. This should not be the reason.

Best thing to track the error would be to have a

All,

we got the problem solved!

Reason was an error reading the “\drivers\etc\services” file during installation. The file is only read, but not altered, so it can be removed during installation.

Here is the workaround:

- Move “\drivers\etc\services” somewhere else (or rename)
- Install Tamino
- Move “\drivers\etc\services” back(or re-rename)

regards,

Timm