Software AG Designer Images

Hi,

When you install from an IMAGE , the previous IMAGE does not get over laid and then you have TWO versions of Software AG Designer on a desktop.

Then you do a UNINSTALL of Software AG designer and the uninstall works but the older copy of Designer stays on the disk.

Now it really gets interesting because Software AG gives you a history logs in C;|SoftwareAG\Install\History but I really do not need to know that the first version of Software Ag Designer was installed in 2015.

All I need is ONE copy of Software AG Designer on a desktop… FULL STOP :

Note: We constantly generate new images and we need Software AG Designer to recognize that their is a NEW IMAGE and reinstall the new image… automatically.

Anton

Hi Anton,

usually this would be a task to open a feature request in Brainstorm.
Hopefully Brainstorm will be restarted later on after eService has been enabled.

When you install different versions from different images it might be a good idea to use different installation directories and program groups then.
Newer Designers are usually able to connect to older instances but not vice versa.

Esp. the wM 9.x stream should be separated from the wM 10.x/11.x streams to avoid any mismatches in technology.
I.e. UpdateManager for 10.x+ is no longer available in the regular installation image, but has its own image and should be installed in a different installation location to allow for easier Java updating (compared to wM 9.x and older).

Regards,
Holger

P.S.:
I would prefer if you omit to embed the video links as this makes it easier for the community members to read the posts and reply to them.

2 Likes

Feedback : All I ask is for Holger to identify him self and you flag my posting as inappropriate ?

Anton

Hi Anton,

I do not have a LinkedIn profile.
I am only registered with Software AG as we are using their software.

I didn´t flag your previous post, this must have been done by someone else.

But I think that sharing video links (not related to Software AG products) here amongst technical questions related to Software AG products should not be aim of this community.
Sharing Links to helpful articles to the questions posted here is welcome.

Regards,
Holger “von Thomsen”

2 Likes

Anton,

Your messages have been marked by other community members as off topic and inappropriate, and we as moderators completely agree.
The idea of the Tech Forum is sharing knowledge, discussing technical topics and helping each other, not tracking personal details.
If you can’t keep on the topic we’ll need to close and archive it.

FYI Holger has been the forum’s top contributor in the past 10 years and has helped literally thousands of users. So he’s the last person here to be questioned. And embedding music videos to posts definitely doesn’t bring value to technical topics, but makes them harder to read on mobile.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.