Software AG Installer errors - com.softwareag.common.eclipse 10.5.0.0000-0048) requires osgi.ee but it could nit be found

Feedback : Did another clean install of an image and getting the following error :

12:55:45 error APP_ERROR> Designer Bulk Installer Error: Exception :Executing ant task for install was not successful. exit Code 13 error output:
[p2.director] Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
[p2.director] Software being installed: EntireX 10.5.0.0000-0639 (com.softwareag.entirex.ide.eclipse.exx.feature.group 10.5.0.0000-0639)
[p2.director] Missing requirement: Software AG Common Components and Branding 10.5.0.0000-0048 (com.softwareag.common.eclipse 10.5.0.0000-0048) requires ‘osgi.ee; (&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8))’ but it could not be found
[p2.director] Cannot satisfy dependency:
[p2.director] Cannot satisfy dependency:
A problem occured while invoking the director.

Note: Please go directly to jail, do not collect the $200 dollars

Anton

Sounds like an ECLIPSE issue but I did not install ECLIPSE, SOFTWARE AG DID :

The error means that your bundle has a Require-Capability: osgi.ee; filter="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8))" entry in its manifest. So this means the bundle will only start when there is a bundle that provides this capability.

In case of the osgi.ee capability it is the OSGi framework (equinox) that should provide this capability. Apparently it does not do this.

So one approach would be to remove the header from you bundle Manifest. The other would be to make equinox export the capability. Perhaps you could simply try with the newest equinox version. Not sure if this helps though. You could also try to set the framework property (using -D): org.osgi.framework.system.capabilities=osgi.ee; osgi.ee=“JavaSE”;version:List=“1.0,1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4,1.5,1.6,1.7,1.8”

Note: Missing sound byte because Holger can not read posting with sound bytes

Anton

Found the problem last night :

a) I tried to upgrade the JVM and ECLIPSE on my own but it did not help because Natural One uses it’s own “directory” for both of the above.
b) What I finally did , was to totally remove the C:/SoftwareAG directory because an UNINSTALL does not remove all the content in the above directory
c) I did a clean image install using the Software Ag installer and now Natural One V9.1.2 is working again .

Note: Not sure via Software AG does not distribute an Adabas and Entire Access with Natural One because the alternative is that I have to distribute MySQL as suggested in the samples :

Download MySQL - free - latest version (softonic.com)

Anton

The alternative would be … download Adabas

Not sure what you’d need Entire Access for, though.

Thanks Wolfgang,

I thought I was on the Natural One discussion list…

Docker ? I thought that was only for UNIX and I will download those images

Thanks… I owe you … but watch this space… I will be back

Anton

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.