Setting a new password for sysadmin when old one is not working after change?

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

wM Suite 10.7

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

Customer license

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

I have changed the password for user sysadmin in MWS, but now I am no longer able to login to the MWS as sysadmin.
Normal Login with Administrator works.
The Developer/Admin Users I have additionally created for the Admin Role are not yet working correctly due to a wrong order of Startpage Rules in MWS Portal Admin UI.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Have you installed latest fixes for the products

not fully latest but some fixes.

So my question is:
Is there a way to set a new password for the sysadmin user when the current one is not known or incorrect due to a typo during change?
Using the UI as Administrator and trying to set the password from there requires the currently configured password, which was not the case in wM 9.12 and earlier.
I have access to the database so I could try to set it there in the table T_WM_XT_SYSDIRUSER
I want to avoid to have to uninstall the MWS, recreating the database schema and reinstall and reconfige the MWS.
Though this is not critical as this is our development environment currently being configured so we can work with it.

1 Like

You can create an xmlimport file with the following content:
< CONFIG >
< CONTEXT alias =" system . directory . user . storage ">
< user name =" sysadmin " password =" manage " />
</ CONTEXT >
</ CONFIG >
place it in one of the cluster nodes deploy folder. It will reset the sysadmin password. Then delete the file.

1 Like

Hi,

does the file require a specific filename?
Or can it just be any filename ending with *.xml?

Regards,
Holger

you can name it anything, for example: reset.xml

1 Like

Here is the complete working content of the file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<CONFIG>
<CONTEXT alias="system.directory.user.storage">
<user name="sysadmin" password="manage"/>
</CONTEXT>
</CONFIG>

Regards,
Holger

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.