Generating an Encrypted Password for My webMethods Server for replacing keystores

Hello Folks,

When trying to run the command to run the encrypt the password for custom_wrapper.conf for replacing the default keystores.

I keep running into the below error:

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/LogManager
at com.webMethods.caf.common.CipherUtil.initLogging(CipherUtil.java:279)
at com.webMethods.caf.common.CipherUtil.(CipherUtil.java:47)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.logging.log4j.LogManager
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:382)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:352)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)
… 2 more

This is for version 10.7. Any leads to resolve this, thanks.

Dear Srivastava,

Please post the exact command you are using.

Here’s the command:

./java -cp “/u01/SoftwareAG_MWS/common/lib/wm-caf-common.jar:/u01/SoftwareAG_MWS/common/lib/ext/slf4j-API.jar:/u01/SoftwareAG_MWS/common/lib/wm-scg-security.jar:/u01/SoftwareAG_MWS/common/lib/wm-scg-core.jar:/u01/SoftwareAG_MWS/common/lib/ext/enttoolkit.jar*” com.webMethods.caf.common.CipherUtil password

I will check and get back to you soon. However as a pointer, please check if your java runtime is java 8 or not as java 11 or 16 might have few modules missing due to modular structure.

For wM 9.12 I was able to made this command working while the command described in the Admin Guide was incorrect:

java -cp common/lib/wm-caf-common.jar:common/lib/ext/log4j.jar com.webmethods.caf.common.CipherUtil <password>

Regards,
Holger

This got resolved by referring to the exact jar in log4j folder rather than using log4j*…

2 Likes

Hi Basu,

please consider sharing the complete exact command line as a reference for further usage.

Regards,
Holger

Here you go (this for 10.7):

./java -cp “/u01/SoftwareAG_MWS/common/lib/wm-caf-common.jar:/u01/SoftwareAG_MWS/common/lib/ext/slf4j-API.jar:/u01/SoftwareAG_MWS/common/lib/wm-scg-security.jar:/u01/SoftwareAG_MWS/common/lib/wm-scg-core.jar:/u01/SoftwareAG_MWS/common/lib/ext/enttoolkit.jar:/u01/SoftwareAG_MWS/common/lib/ext/log4j/log4j-slf4j-impl.jar:/u01/SoftwareAG_MWS/common/lib/ext/log4j/log4j-API.jar:/u01/SoftwareAG_MWS/common/lib/ext/log4j/log4j-core.jar” com.webMethods.caf.common.CipherUtil

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.