pub.client:smtp fails if any of the to list is wrong

Hi,

pub.client:smtp is failing if any of the email addresses in ‘to’ is wrong. We would like to send the emails to the correct email addresses even if any of the addresses are wrong. Unfortunately this not happening. If there is any wrong email address, the entire smtp service is failing. Is there any settings we need to set this to happen so that the service can send to the correct email addresses irrespective of the presence of wrong email addresses?

Thank you very much for your time

Roy

Hi,

I have to send an email to a list of addresses. If any one of the email addresses is invalid, the entire service is failing and exiting and thus not sending to the valid email addresses. Is there any setting to be applied so that, so that the valid emails get the emails?

Thanks for your time.

Roy

I would suggest moving the distribution list outside of IS. Within IS send the email to “someDistroList” and let the email infrastructure handle the membership of the list.

It’s been a while since I’ve looked at the details of SMTP itself but I believe that the SMTP server, not IS, is what is enforcing email address validity.

Nope if the email address is incorrect it won’t go anywhere and you will see the error it definitely needs correction like you normally get undelivered emails same methodology:

HTH,
RMG

Thanks RMG, even the correct one in the list is not going through. The entire smtp is failing if one wrong email address in the list. There must be a way to get around it.
thanks

Roy

Yes it will fail the service…May be you need to have some custom logic error handling and break/tokenize (:wink: the email list or retreive the email list from the database which can be easily corrected and configurable if the users enters it incorrect/no longer working conditions etc…

But there is no easy way to handle other than introducing custom logic or db based retrieval for To or cc or bcc

HTH,
RMG

I assumed there must be some configuration available at SMTP server which enable good email ids to go through and wrong ones to fail at the same time the smtp WM service is successful.

I am creating a wrapper service to handle this.

Thanks RMG for your time.

Thanks reamon for your time. I also believe it is a configuration issue at SMTP server level. Using a distribution list is not a option for me. So I writing a wrapper service to handle this.

Thanks

Roy

I didn’t know that configuration available on SMTP server…a inhouse network expert might be able to assist you better on this:

HTH,
RMG