Problems to loggin

I just install CentraSite but when i try to loggin i cratch with this error:

Connection handler com.centrasite.control.login failed to establish connection.
Reason: Database access error. Can’t connect to server CentraSite.
Plug-in com.centrasite.control has been disabled.

Please, give me some ideas to resolve the problem

thanks

what environment are you running in: is CentraSite on Unix or Windows? This is ActiveSOA?

Have you verified that your Registry/Repository is Online? Login to System Management Hub (SMH) to check and start it if not. Also check your OnStartup.log in your CTP directory for additional error information.

If you are in Windows and have moved your system from one network to another, you will need to restart the CTP server.

What login/password did you use for login? The credentials of your installation user?

Daniel

My SO is WindowsXP. Ijust install an evaluation version, i dont know about others configuration. Im trying to loggin with my net user

Please try <username> and your windows password

Daniel

Hi,

I am facing the same problem.
Please let me know how you resolved it.

Thanks!!

Hi,
Am facing the same login issue, am using centrasite 8.0 active SOA
From the CTP/startup.log i found the below error:

2011-03-23 13:51:40,068 521778 [RMI TCP Connection(5)-10.40.155.74]ERROR security.ssx.SSXRepository - E 13:51:40 (00000052AuthUser_W: login of user ‘abcdef’ (domain:) failed. (SSX Error: User login failed)

2011-03-23 13:51:40,069 521779 [RMI TCP Connection(5)-10.40.155.74]ERROR login.ssx.SSXAuthenticator - ssxAuthenticate: SSX Authentication failed - SSX Error: User login failed (-16)

Does this mean the user pwd is incorrect?

But i have successfully logged into centrasite using the same credentials.

Can any one help?

Thanks
Anusha S

Hi
please validate the following in your windows environment:

• CentraSite Apache running
  • Database running
  • Tomcat running

To do so go to Windows Services panel and check the following services

• CentraSite 8.0 Apache
  • Software AG Common Tomcat
  • Software AG CSLayer Service
  • Software AG EventLayer Service
    If all you services are up and running pls also validate that on the Login Panel you see the link “Browse as guest” and can login as guest.

If that is not the case: Please go into CentraSite Administration (System Management Hub and under Registry/Repository) check that it is running.

Daniel

Hi ,

We have our centrasite installed in LINUX system, Am not aware of linux commands

So can you please provide the commands we should use to check if the following services are up
-CentraSite 8.0 Apache

Also if any one of these services are down will the repository turn offline?
because in my case the registry /repository is online, still am unable to login

Thanks,
Anusha S

Hi Daniel,
We have checked that the following services are up and are running

CentraSite 8.0 Apache

also we are able to browse the centrasite as a guest user.
    and the SMH repository is also up.

But still we are unable to login with the credentials.
Is there any thing else that we missed out ?

Thanks,
Anusha S

Hi,
since you are on Linux/Unix, did you run the script AsRootAfterInstall.sh from the CentraSite/bin directory? It will change the ownership and the permissions on the sagssxauthd2 file which is used during login.
Regards,
Gerald

I have the same issue… Any body has any solution. All services are running fine. Able to browse as guest. running on windows? can any body please help

Hi

Did your try <windows> or <windows> as your login?

Yes i tried both ways… :frowning: no luck. But i can login to “CentraSite System Administration 8.0” with out any problem.

Hi Murali,

in the SMH, does it say that the CentraSite databasse is running? If not, please start it and try again. If you installed CentraSite and SMH together, you should be able to log in into both system with the same installetion account.

Regards,
Gerald