We want to use QlikView (a BI tool) to connect to an Adabas database. QlikView can make use of standard ODBC / OLE DB drivers to connect to multiple databases (MS SQL, MS Access, Oracle, etc.). We would like to use the same approach (ODBC / OLE DB) to connect to the Adabas database.
Currently, I have the following information:
- IBM z-series (z10)
- z/VM (as virtualization basis)
- z/VSE (Release 4.3)
- ADABAS/NATURAL environment , incl. ADABAS database
- Is Adabas SQL Gateway the only / preferred way to connect via ODBC / OLE DB to an ADABAS database?
- Whenever I search for Adabas SQL Gateway I end with CONNX. Is CONNX the same as Adabas SQL Gateway or an addon or something completely else?
- Are trial licences available in order to test whether die BI tool can handle the ODBC / OLE DB driver(s)?
- Installing the components on mainframe & client: is 1 day a realistic time frame?
Your input is very much appreciated!