JDBC Adatper Error

I’m trying connect Database using JDBC adapter. But getting following error. Please tell me why we are getting this error

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource AdvxDB:AdvxDBConnection.
[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection AdvxDB:AdvxDBConnection: after 1 attempt(s).
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL.

My Connection Parameters are:

Transaction Type :NO_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class :oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
serverName :XXXX
user :*****
password :******
databaseName :HDBPP
portNumber :1521
networkProtocol :TCP
Other Properties

Minimum Pool Size :0
Maximum Pool Size :20
Pool Increment Size :5
Block Timeout (msec) :1000
Expire Timeout (msec):1000
Startup Retry Count :0
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec) :10

install a JDBC driver
1 Place the Java classes for the JDBC driver in a location that Integration Server can
access, typically the server’s classpath.
To place the classes in the server’s classpath, place the .zip or .jar file containing the
classes in the
Integration Server_directory\instances\instance_name\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\co
de\jars directory.
2 Restart Integration Server.
The server automatically adds the .zip or .jar libraries to its classpath after the restart.

Hi Mahesh,

we already installed jdbc driver and the environment which we are using already have 4 jdbc connections.
But, when i’m trying to add new one, i’m getting error.

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource AdvxDB:AdvxDBConnection.
[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection AdvxDB:AdvxDBConnection: after 1 attempt(s).
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL.

Hi Satya,

sounds like an issue with leading and/or trailing spaces in either serverName, port, databaseName.
Please check and correct.

Can you copy one of the existing connection and adjust the values as needed?

Additionally you should consider “driverType=thin” in other Properties field.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hello – Make sure you are giving values properly without any additional spaces before and after.

Thanks,

Thanks Holger.

It worked.But, getting different error this time. I think this error is coming due to Network problem. Let me check with Network team for firewall rules.

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource AdvxDB:AdvxDBConnection1.
[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection AdvxDB:AdvxDBConnection1: after 1 attempt(s).
IO Error: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

Regards,
Satya

Satya,

Yes looks like some network/firewall issue with TCP…

Please check with them and these can be resolved internally:)

HTH,
RMG

I echo with RMG on this.

Thanks,