Error while connecting to the Oracle Database.

Hi

I m trying to connect to an oracle db and i have given following connection parameters.

Connection Type JDBC Adapter Connection
Package Name Default
Connection Properties
Transaction Type LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class :oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
serverName :172.19.120.72
user :xyz
password :*******
Retype password :*******
databaseName :RAJESH
portNumber :1521
networkProtocol :tcp
Other Properties :thin
Connection Management Properties
Enable Connection Pooling true
Minimum Pool Size 1
Maximum Pool Size 10
Pool Increment Size 1
Block Timeout (msec) 1000
Expire Timeout (msec) 1000
Startup Retry Count :0
Startup Backoff Timeout (sec) :10.

I have installed classes cllass11.jar, class12.jar or ojdbc.jar files in following location :C:\WM6\IntegrationServer\lib\jars.
I have also restarted the IS.

however when i try to enable the connection i get the following error :

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource JDBC_CONN:CONN.[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.String index out of range: -1.com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException: [ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource JDBC_CONN:CONN.

Has ne one encountered the above error !
Request you to please share the solution.

Hi,

what is the JVM version your IS is using?

if it’s using 1.4 then put Ojdbc14.jar file in \lib\jars, else if it’s using 1.2, then put classes12.zip. do not forget to remove unwanted jar\zip files.

do not forget to restart the server, if \lib\jars directory is updated.

Also, check other connection parameters are correct or not? let me know your IS, JDBC Adapter version, JVM version and if any fix\SP installed.

let me know if issue still persists.

Thanks,
Puneet Saxena

Hi

Thanx for replying me bak.
Well i suppose i have resolved the previous issue. when i enable the connection i get following error now.

[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
javax/sql/DataSource

My IS version is :6.1 jvm is 1.4.2.
I have placed ojdbc14.jar in IntegrationServer\lib\jars

Please let me know what is the cause of this error

Hi,

Is this the same DB (Oracle) as mentioned in your first message or MS SQL Server DB?

If it’s MS SQL Server DB then move the javaxsql.zip from WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars to WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars/static. If static folder is not present create one under WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars.

If that is not the case, let me know the exact(full) error you are getting.

Thanks,
Puneet Saxena

Hi

Yes i m using Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.

The error i m getting is :

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource JDBC_CONN:CONN.[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.javax/sql/DataSourcePlease let me know what is the cause of this error.

[FONT=Courier New]

[/font]

Can you try Other Properties : driverType=thin instead of “thin”?

Hi

I have tried :Other Properties : driverType=thin but still getting the same error

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource JDBC_CONN:CONN.[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.Prohibited package name: java.sql.

"I have installed classes cllass11.jar, class12.jar or ojdbc.jar "

Get rid of all of these except the ojbc14.jar. If you copied javaxsql.zip to some location but don’t need access to MS SQL, remove it. If you do need it, move it to IntegrationServer\lib\jars.

Remove the networkProtocol setting (leave it blank).

Increase the expireTimeout and blockTimeout settings. (Not an issue now but 1 second for these is usually too short)

Set the minimumPoolSize to 0.

We have exactly the same configuration on our JDBC adapter connection, but under the wm61\IntegrationServer\lib\jars we have just one file sl53_cj33.jar

The only different portion on this is that we are connecting into an Oracle Dabase Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.5.0.

Try using this file and see if this help you to resolve the problem.

Regards,

What is the expireTimeout that you recommend?

Regards,

It depends on your integrations and when a DB action takes so long that you consider it failure. A 1 second timeout may give you errors when under load. This may or may not be desirable, depending on your integrations. It’s probably not desirable as waiting a few seconds for the DB to finish up is probably better than failing outright.

Start with 10 seconds. If you find there are timeout errors and you don’t want those, increase the timeout.

Same logic on the blockTimeout (how long a thread will wait for a connection to be freed before giving up).

Hi

I m getting new error while enabling the connection :
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource JDBC_CONN:CONN.[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection JDBC_CONN:CONN: after 1 attempt(s).javax/sql/PooledConnection

Has ne one encountered this sort of error /

Hi

please let me know has ne one encountered this error

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource JDBC_CONN:CONN.
[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection JDBC_CONN:CONN: after 1 attempt(s).
com/ddtek/jdbc/extensions/ExtEmbeddedConnection

Hi

I finally resolved the issue. placed sl53_cj33.jar in the C:\WM6\IntegrationServer\lib\jars. and restarted my IS.

Thanx to everyone for providing support.