Error in enabling JDBC Adapter connection for SQL Server

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource rajesh:rajesh.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource”.
[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.

I am getting the above error when enabling JDBC adapter connection with SQL Server.

I am using wm6.0.1 with servicepack2 and OS winXPHome Edition with servicepack 4

and the properties i have given for the connection are
TransactionType:Local_Transaction
DataSourceClass:com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource
ServerName:COMP
user:sa
password:******
databasename:master
portnumber:1433
networkprotocol:TCP/IP
OtherProperties:

Thanks in advance

Try this

change,
networkProtocol as blank
Other Properties selectMethod=cursor

If it still does not work check you have put all the required jars in the integration Server/lib/jars folder and make sure they match with the the version your using.

Hi satya,

I did changes what u mention and i checkout version of jars also and i placed the jar files in the specified path by u now it is giving the following error.

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource rajesh:rajesh.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
iaik.asn1.structures.Name

Do u have any idea regarding this new error which i am getting and what is the reason for this.

Thanks in advance

Can you post a snapshot of the connection properties. So it might be helpful to know why you would get this error. And also if possible of the snapshot of jar folder.

Do a keyword search in this forum,there are lot of threads discussed on the same it should help you.

HTH,
RMG

Hi satya,

connection properties are

TransactionType:Local_Transaction
DataSourceClass:com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource
ServerName:COMP
user:sa
password:******
databasename:master
portnumber:1433
networkprotocol:TCP/IP
OtherProperties:

and wmhome/Integrationserver/lib/jars in this path i placed msbase.jar,mssqlserver.jar,msutil.jar

Also set Other Properties: selectMethod=cursor and after placing jar files in the server classpath,restart your IS and test the JDBC connection.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

after setting the otherproperties like selectMethod=cursor and placing the jar files in the classpath still i am getting the following error

[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource”.
[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.

Thanks in advance
Rajesh

try this from the webMethods box
telnet COMP (target sql server box) 1433

and if it says it could not connect then there is an issue with port connectivity.

This error can also mean that the ServerName that you entered is not correct. Try the ip address of the server instead of the name and try pinging the server first

first