JDBC Adapter connection problem

Hi all,

I am getting the below mentioned adapter connection error msg. while creating a connection.

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource Testin:First_Conn.[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL
Other details:-
database- Oracle 9i.Remote server.Logging as a client.
Adapter Connection :- to be created Locally(in IS localhost:5555)

please let me know the root cause .Screenshot of the configured connection is attched herewith.

Thnx in advance.
Sthita

Can you post all the connection properties that are specified on the JDBC Adapter Connection screen?

i got the problem i had.
I didn’t type “driver Type = thin” in proper manner.
I had typed “driver type” instead.
Anyway thanks Reamon.

Hi all

I have created a JDBC Adapter connection and worked on it. Next day when i am trying to open the connection , it is not connecting an d showing an error

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource Test:mycon.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource”.
[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.

Can any one give me the correct guidence…

Can you post all the connection properties that are specified on the JDBC Adapter Connection screen?

Hi good morning,

1. First i copyed three jar files in webMethod/integrationerver/lib/jars
  2. Again i copyed the same files in webMethods/integrationserver/packages/wMJDBCAdapter/code/jars
  3. i copyed a javaxsql file from there and i paste it in lib jars
  4. next i configured the adapter like
    connection------------------> mycon
    Connection Type ---------> JDBC Adapter Connection
    Package Name ----------> TestAdapter
    Transaction Type---------> LOCAL_TRANSACTION
    DataSource Class -------->com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource
    serverName ------------------>webs
    user ------------------------------>sa
    password ---------------------> sa
    Retype password -----------> sa
    databaseName --------------->Example
    portNumber -------------------> 1433
    networkProtocol -------------->TCP/IP
    Other Properties --------------->selectMethod=cursor

These are the steps i did.

The “Error establishing socket.” would seem to suggest that your server’s hostname, port or both is incorrect or that your SQLServer is not running.

Mark

Hi,

My serevr name is correct and my SQL is also running fine. I deleted that connection and created new one now its working. All our team members got the same error at one.