JDBC Adapter 601

topster,

I think the url should be:

jdbc:oracle://hostname:port;sid=database_name

without sid=database_name the driver could not connect to the database.

HTH

Fan

Topster,

I’m sure that if you do get it configured, it will throw an OEM error stating that the driver is for internal communications (something like that.)

com.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver should be the correct JDBC class driver and you should have classes12.zip in your /lib/jars directory.

The DB URL should be different though:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:1521:<db_name>

HTH,

Ray

topster,

Use as shown below,

DB URL–jdbc:oracle:thin:@hostname or ip:port:sid
DB Driver—oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

And also make sure classes12.zip is located in the IS/lib folder,If not put this zip and restart the IS.

HTH,
RMG

topster,

Use as shown below,

DB URL–jdbc:oracle:thin:@hostname or ip:port:sid
DB Driver—oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

And also make sure classes12.zip is located in the IS/lib/jars folder,If not put this zip and restart the IS.

HTH,
RMG

Guys,
As ever very helpful and thank you, I have SQL connections but this is my first foray into Oracle[!?!] - I don’t have classes12.zip, would you be able to suggest where I may locate this…

mta

doh!! sorry I’ve gone onto the Oracle site and retrieved this, many thanks for your assistance guys!!

All

This thread includes many different topics. I would suggest for further use to spawn a new thread with a specific topic regarding your issue.

Summary of this thread (for Oracle):

** Whether or not you can install the JDBC adapter is dependent on the user account you use with the installer
** After installation, check that you have the most recent classes12.zip from oracle.com
** Verify that you have the classes12.zip in your IS classpath
** Depending on whether you are using the thin or thick client the connection url will either be jdbc:oracle://host:port;sid=db_name or jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:db_name
** Use sqlplus or isql to verify your username and password for the DB
** Use telnet host:port to test whether you can access the port on the (remote) db host (regarding firewalling & routing)

If you feel you have any additional key points regarding this thread, please add them :wink:

Hi all,
I am pretty new to webM.I have installed IS & Dev 601 ver.They are working fine.Now I have installed JDBC Adapter…there comes the problem.Now I tried to start my IS,it is starting but again its getting killed…Pls gimme a solution for this…

Thanks in advance…

Chiranjeevi
prasad_msc@yahoo.co.in

Chiranjeevi

To figure out the problem you can take a look at the server log. You can find it under <integrationserver>\logs\serverYYYYMMDD.log. Also, you can try to start the WM server from command prompt at debug level 6 and notice error message that appears there. Still if you are unable to find the problem, you can paste the error message that appears in log in your next message to wMUsers.

HTH.
San
“Be Good, Do Good”.

Chiranjeevi

As Schuit rightly mentioned, you should have started a new thread instead of adding at the first thread you saw.

Now to your problem. What did you mean by “getting killed”. give more details than that. Did you check the presence of a “lockfile” if you find one delete it before starting it.

Thahir

Hi all,
I am unable to configure a new JDBCAdapter Connection to MSSQL server.
It looks like I have all the parameters right, but I get the following error repeatedly.

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource archTraining.Adapters:SQLConnection.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource”.
[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]Error establishing socket.

I have windows XP home edition with SP2 on my system. Is it because of the service pack? I even unistalled SP2 from the system. Can somebody help me configure the connection…Thanks in advance.

Archana

Do you have the Microsoft SQLserver client tools installed on the Integration Server machine?

If so, running QueryAnalyzer on your IS machine, can you connect to the database?

Vyas,
Try with this Datasource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource” .
put classes12.zip file in <isdir>\lib\jars\ directory.

rest of the parameters will remains same.

Regards,
Puneet Saxena

Hi

The same datasource class also will work i.e “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource” . I have tried a sample.
But “classes12.zip” file has to be put in <is_dir>\lib\jars\ Directory as puneet says.

Regards
Jimmy

I have a JDBC adapter configured for an Oracle system as shown below. When I try to assign a tablename in a strictly input adapter service, I have no problem. A list of tables in instance OUTSIDE appear to choose from. However, in an update adapter service, when I try to select a table, all I see is instance OUTSIDE and no list of tables.

I am set up as follows:

Transaction Type LOCAL_TRANSACTION
DataSource Class oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource
serverName host.mydomain.com
user MYUSER
password ******
databaseName XTEST
portNumber 1522
networkProtocol tcp
Other Properties driverType=thin;TableFilter=‘’.‘OUTSIDE’
Connection Management Properties
Enable Connection Pooling true
Minimum Pool Size 10
Maximum Pool Size 100
Pool Increment Size 20
Block Timeout (msec) 1000
Expire Timeout (msec) 1000

(Message edited by mcarlson on March 16, 2005)

I corrected the above problem and no longer need assistance.

Hi,

I am getting following error while enabling the connection after creating jdbc connection. plz let me know the solution for this.

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource connections:connection1.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class “com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource” cannot be located.
com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource.class not found

thanx & Regds

babu

Hi Babu,

Keep these files in the <is_dir>\lib\jars directory and restart IS.

msbase.jar
mssqlserver.jar
msutil.jar

You will find these files in your lib folder sql server installation directory.

Regards,
Raghu.

Hi Raghu,

I searched jar files which u mentioned in last mail. I could not get those jar files in sql server installation directory.

Regards,
babu

Hi Babu,

You can download these files from Microsoft site.

[url=“http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=07287b11-0502-461a-b138-2aa54bfdc03a&displaylang=en”]http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=07287b11-0502-461a-b138-2aa54bfdc03a&displaylang=en[/url]

Regards,
Raghu