JDBC Adapter 601

Hi, Zygmunt,

Thanks for the response.
I am using the right data source class just as you mentioned. Even tried other data sources such as com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServer and etc. neither of them worked. well, the JDBC adapter works perfectly ok with oracle database. the reason why I am trying MS SQL database is one of my customers is experiencing such difficulty. So I tried to reproduce it here. I double-checked the docs from both webMethods (JDBC adapter) and Microsoft (JDBC Driver for MS SQL2000) to ensure all the steps are completed.

BTW, I downloaded the JDBC driver for MS SQL2000 and SP1 from microsoft. Hope there’d be nothing wrong with the driver itself.

any thoughts on what could cause such problem?

Cheers,

Jin

Make sure your jars are in the classpath for webMethods. To do this, click on the “ABOUT” link on the webMethods Integration Server Admin Console.

If the three jars are listed, then they are in your classpath, if not, then put them in your <server_root>/lib/jars/.

Restart the server and then you will see them.

HTH

Ray

Yes, they are in classpath. every piece of the config is in place according to webMethods and Microsoft. also, loaded MSSQL SP2 and MSSQL2000 for JDBC Driver SP2. Well, the result is the same,

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource wmtraining.JDBCAdapter.Services:wmtraining.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
javax/sql/DataSource

there must be something else I am missing.

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers,

Jin

The error appear when you try to enable the connection. Did I’m right???
I’m using MS SQL Server 2000 with the JDBC driver
SP1 Version 2.2.0029 from December 2002
and I have no problems. I can’t reproduce the error on my side.
The massage looks strange. Normally when you provide a wrong data source or DB name you will get an additional line which begins with the error number and gives you a better description about what’s wrong.

For example I get this error when DB name is wrong:

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource D106Exercises.adapters:D106Adapter.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource”.
[Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC][SQLServer]Die in der Anmeldung ‘webMethods’ angeforderte Datenbank kann nicht geöffnet werden. Fehler bei der Anmeldung.

(it’s a German DB)
OR this when the data source is wrong:

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource D106Exercises.adapters:D106Adapter.
[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class “com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLS” cannot be located.
com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLS.class not found

As you see the first 2 lines are always the same. I think you have definitely a problem with the driver or something around that.
What we can do is…
I give you a mail with the driver that I have and we will see what happens.

cheers
Zygmunt

Zygmunt,

Thanks a lot for the comments. I am thinking more or less the same thing. Whenever I tried to enable the JDBC connection, it did take some time to process and you got the feeling IS was trying to negotiate with MSSQL2000 but eventually failed. Either it’s due to the SQL2000 for JDBC driver or the configuration of my machine since I have quite some applications running on this PC, e.g. Siebel, MSSQL2000, SAP R/3 Java Client, and some other Java applications.

If you can email the driver to me, I shall try it on a clean machine and see how it goes. My feeling is it’ll work.

Thanks,

Jin
PS: my email address is jwang_98_1998@yahoo.com

Hi all,

I’ve configured a JDBC Connection with JDBC Adapter. It all seems to work, as I enabled it. But when I try to execute an adapter service that uses this connection it doesn’t seem to work. In fact, what it happens is that it keeps “running” for hours. I’ve tried to see what going on by looking at the audit, but all I can see is that this service has started and yet not finished.

Does anyone have any idea what it’s happening? Any idea how to determinate? By the way, how can I activate the wmMonitor?

thanks in advance,

Ignasi

Hi all, again

It’s obvious I’m a newbie in the world of webMethods. Sorry.

I’ve realized that when I execute for the every first time my adapter service (JDBC adapter) it all works fine, but whenever I try to execute it later, it fails (in fact, what it happens is that keeps in state “running” for hours).

Does anyone have any idea what’s going on ?

thanks in advance,

Ignasi

Hi all, again

It’s obvious I’m a newbie in the world of webMethods. Sorry.

I’ve realized that when I execute for the every first time my adapter service (JDBC adapter) it all works fine, but whenever I try to execute it later, it fails (in fact, what it happens is that keeps in state “running” for hours).

Does anyone have any idea what’s going on ?

thanks in advance,

Ignasi

Hi folks,

I have problem in enabling JDBC Adapter. The following error was been thrown

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource folder:DBConnection.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
[wm-cjdbc32-0014][Oracle JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket. Connection refused

I really appreciate your help and suggestions

Thanks

Hi folks,

I have problem in enabling JDBC Adapter. The following error was been thrown

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource folder:DBConnection.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
[wm-cjdbc32-0014][Oracle JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket. Connection refused

I really appreciate your help and suggestions

Thanks

Hi all,

I think I’ve finally been able to determinate what’s going wrong with my JDBC adapter service. The tables where I’m trying to insert don’t have primary key (instead of this, a unique index is used). If I insert a record and then erase it, when afterwards I try to insert again the same record my service generates an infinite loop, and doesn’t seem to finish.

Does anyone knows if this can be solved without modifying my tables definitions?

Thanks in advance,

Ignasi

Hi Ignasi,

If you want to use a new JDBC Adapter Connection create one using the IS Administrator. And if you want to change the Adapter Settings of an exixting service well you cannot do that. Only thing you can do that is Change the existing Adapter Connection or Recreate the Adapter Service.

thanks
Uppen

Hi all,
I have the same problem like you Ignasi Mateos
I’m trying to configure a JDBC Connection to an Orable(8.1.7) DB. And after editing all parameters I’m obtaining the next error:

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource D106Execrices.adapters:D106Adapter.

[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource”.
Exception d’E/S: Connection refused(DESCRIPTION=(TMP=)(VSNNUM=135294976)(ERR=12505)(ERROR_STACK=(ERROR=(CODE=12505)(EMFI=4))))

even if I tried DataSource Calss=oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource

but when I use DataSource Calss=com.wm.dd.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource D106Execrices.adapters:D106Adapter.
com.wm.dd.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver

I want to know how did you reolve this problem Ignasi Mateos

and I really appreciate any help and suggestions for all
Thanks

Touria

Hello,

I use a Oracle jdbc driver for connecting my IS 6.0 to an oracle database. The problem is when the database restart, my adapter is disabled and then all my transaction are failed. I have to restart manually my conncetion by enabling the jdbc adapter. Is it a webmethods standard beahviour or a problem of my jdbc driver configuration ? Is it possible to get a FIFO queing transaction for insertion in database with order garanted delivery ?

Actual behaviour is when ever database goes down the Adapter connections gets disabled and the db is up again then connections will be enabled automatically.

I do know why this is not happening in your IS.May be contact tech support regarding this issue.

Regards,

Hi,
I am using JDBC adapter with MS SQl Server. It connects and works fine. When I use DeleteSQL template to create a adapter service, it deletes the record, but the return value is always zero, even if it deletes or not. In the JDBC adapter documentation, it says that the return field returns the no. of affected rows. Is this the normal behaviour?

Thanks,
Krishna

hey krishna,
I just configured a simple DeleteSQL adapter service using JDBC adapter 6.0.3. And for me, the output field correctly returns the number of rows deleted.

What is the adapter version you are running? may be you need a patch or upgrade to 6.0.3 version?

Hi,

I’m pretty new to webMethods, I’m trying to connect to SQL Server database and getting the following error.

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource MyTest.Test:TestSQLConn.
[ADA.1.200] The JDBC DataSource class “com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource” cannot be located.
com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource

Can anyone please help me in resolving this. I think I’m missing the jar files, but how do I get them.

Dennis

Hi Dennis

The error says that it cannot find the drivers.

Check that:

• You have the correct drivers;
  • You have placed the JAR or ZIP containing the drivers in the /lib/jars directory of the IS main directory;

Good luck, Chris

m’aidez svp…
i get Could not connect: [wm-cjdbc32-0014][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-12505 Connection refused, the specified SID (ORCL) was not recognized by the Oracle server.

this is the set-up from wmDB adapter
using url: jdbc:oracle://hostname:port
driver : com.wm.dd.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver

what should the url for this be as the permutations i’m using are exhausted [nearly!!]

many thanks