EDI to XML parsing ?

Hi all,

I’m working on converting EDI document to XML file in webMethods 6.5. Did any one worked with this? I know that EDI adapter converts EDI to XML format. Can anyone give me step-by-step explanation to do so. And how can i know that i have the EDI adapter installed.

If i have to install it where to get it and how…
and one more question is that , where can i get WmEDISamples.

Hi… i installed the package WmEDI but still i don’t find the “WmEDISamples” document… can you please help me where to get it…

Hi all, please help me on this i am unable to move forward on this… i need some kind of screen shots how to parse a EDI document…
Please reply on this… Your help will be very much appriciated…
Thanks.

Prakash,

If you installed EDIModule6.x using the wMInstaller then it will automatically loads WmEDISamples package also along with WmEDI,WmEDIForTN packs upon full selection etc…

HTH,
RMG

Several items to help you get started:

• Review the wM-supplied documentation related to processing EDI, including the EDI Module User’s Guide and the EDI Module Concepts Guide. These can be found in [install directory]/IntegrationServer/packages/WmEDI/pub/doc.

• Search these forums for various items that may be of interest to you.

• “…that EDI adapter converts EDI to XML format.” It doesn’t really do that. Not directly anyway. The EDI module can convert between EDI files (delimited text) and IS documents (which are not XML). Once you have an IS document you can convert it to pretty much anything, including XML and other file formats.

• I would strongly encourage the use of the EDI for TN component. This component does a lot of the work for you, including de-enveloping, functional acknowledgement generation, control number tracking, and more.

• Please avoid posting a question for help, and then posting a follow up plea for help just a few hours later. The participants in this all-volunteer forum will respond as quickly as possible.

Hope this helps.

• Please avoid posting a question for help, and then posting a follow up plea for help just a few hours later. The participants in this all-volunteer forum will respond as quickly as possible.*

I really regret about the help plea as i was reallly not aware of people of WMUSERS are really very volunteerly come up to solve any of the queries posted…

Still what “RMG” told in his reply that :
“If you installed EDIModule6.x using the wMInstaller then it will automatically loads WmEDISamples package also along with WmEDI,WmEDIForTN packs upon full selection etc…”

I still can't see the samples doc after installing the required packages... So can some one post me the "WmEDISamples.pdf" ... or can you let me  know where can i get it..

Hi prakash,

[URL=“https://advantage.webmethods.com/advantage?targChanId=kb_home&oid=1613731111”]https://advantage.webmethods.com/advantage?targChanId=kb_home&oid=1613731111[/URL]

refer to this thread u can get a idea.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

I still don’t have the advantage user id so i am not able to get in the WM site… I’ll be getting it within few days… CAn somebody send me the pdf i requested or any of the threads which discusses about it…

Thanks and Regards,
Prakash C Sah…

Once you have the advantage access that you are expecting to get in few days…then all the docs you have it…Distributing documentation/packages in this forum is totally prohibited,you know that…

I will try to send you samples pack offline sometime today…

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Can i have the samples pack… So that i could have some idea…

Hi All,

Can you please post me the “WmEDISamples.pdf” as it would be very helpful…

Also please can you share some steps how to proceed with EDI to XML conversion… without Trading Network…

Actually i have to convert a edi x12 standard version 4010 to xml then parse or process the xml with the xslt having java extensions…

Do, we have some kind of slides which i could use to make learning a bit easy… As i searched the advantage site and i found nothing which gives me a proper idea how to do it…

Thanks and Regards,
Prakash C Sah.