Installation verification NAT826

Just installed NAT826 but the batch installation verification . NATBAT, gives an error:

NAT9988 Invalid system file information

I checked the job installing the system files and it gave rc=0 but did show 0 records processed:

Processing Statistics:

0 Input Records Processed          
          0 Records written                  
          3 blocks used on TEMP-Dataset (0%) 
          0 blocks used on SORT Part 1  (0%) 
          0 blocks used on SORT Part 2  (0%) 

A D A L O D Terminated normally

Not sure how to proceed, any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

You should check your batch Natural parameters and make sure the parms (NTPRM) for the DBID, FNR, FNAT and FUSER etc. are correct for the environment.

Also, make sure the ADALNK you are using is pointing to the correct SVCNO back where you assembled LNKGBLS. If you are using a default ADALNK, you may be running with an implied SVC 249.

Hope this helps!

-Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks for replying. I checked DBID, FNR, but not sure how to check FNAT and FUSER.

I reassembled ADALNK and LNKGBLS and reinstaled SVC 225.

The error returned from NATBAT to verify the batch installation of NAT826 is still:

NAT7399 …
TERM EDIT
NAT9988 Invalid system file information.

Any further suggestions would be much appreciated. If you have time I can text u on the WALL.
Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

The various system file definitions would be found in your batch Natural parameter file:

NTPRM DBID=100, DEFAULT DBID X
FNR=16, DEFAULT FILE X
FNAT=(,16), NATURAL SYSTEM FILE X
FUSER=(,17), NATURAL USER FILE X
FDIC=(,9), PREDICT SYSTEM FILE X
FSEC=(,18), NATSEC SYSTEM FILE X

If your definitions are correct and the version of the FNAT is in agreement with your load library’s version (and is active on the SVC used in your ADALNK), then you should not get this error.

-Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks again, I verified the same DBID=20, FNAT=8, SVC=225 is being used in loading and reading FNAT=8 the system files. This is confirmed because when ADANUC is down, NATBAT gives:

NAT3148 Database 20,Net-Work ID 0 currently not active. Subc 51. 

so it is trying to access the correct DBID=20 but after ADANUC is started it gives:

NAT7399                ....               
 TERM EDIT                                 
 NAT9988 Invalid system file information.  

I have reloaded FNAT=8 but still get the same failure.

Once again an help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
Dave

A few things come to mind as you have eliminated some of the possibilities.

Did your I061 (INPL) complete successfully? If for some reason it did not, you may need to re-INPL after looking at your output to the I061 job and taking corrective action. You may be able to run an INPL,A (alter) to fix a minor issue with an INPL process or subsequent action. Otherwise you could run the full INPL again.

The other thing you may want to check is the PGM=NAT826BA (or whatever you called the module created by the link edit of the nuke in your I060 job). Make sure that matches (especially if you have version number in the name of it) and that it is present in your Natural load library and your proc includes the v826 Natural load library and not a prior version.

Do you have an SR open with SAG yet? They would probably ask to review:

1. Batch Natural parameter module.
  2. I060 JCL and output
  3. I061 JCL and output
  4. Batch Natural proc

-Brian

I’m very curious about the INPL in particular. Please use the button below to email me off-forum.