Installation Error

When installing this on Windows 10 Home I get the message: The installation directory C:\Natural-CE already exists. Well it didn’t exist when I began the install. Apparently, the install process created that directory itself and then has a problem with it already existing.

I’ve tried deleting that dir as requested (which, BTW, takes a LOT of effort because the folders in that dir are in use), but I just keep going in circles - deleting, installing, deleting etc.
Adabas Error2.pdf (8.65 KB)

Hi Mark,

Sorry, but I’m pretty sure SAG doesn’t support installation or use on Home versions.

From the NaturalONE ver 8.3.5 Documentation, (In the /DOC folder under the unzipped downloaded files)
— Installation —
System Requirements

Supported Operating System Platforms

NaturalONE supports the following 64-bit operating system platforms:

Microsoft Windows 7
Microsoft Windows 8
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11

[b]Home Editions of Microsoft Windows are not supported.[/b]

For Windows, the runtime components of NaturalONE are always 32-bit applications, even on 64-bit platforms.

This list doesn’t mention Windows 10 either, but I know it works on Windows 10 Pro version. In the past, other posts have also confirmed that it won’t run on 32-bit hardware either.

C:Natural-CE is the install directory, so I guess the install process must have added it and the subdirectories before quitting due to some incompatibility with the Home version. Maybe it doesn’t give an explicit error. Then maybe you started the install again and it found the leftover C:Natural-CE and issued the error you showed.

Hope you can scrounge up a machine with a Pro Windows version on it. I use Win 7 Pro myself, but not sure how much longer.

Cheers,
George