GetProfile output not recognizing

I’m having TN invoke a service which starts out grabbing the sender/ProfileID and passing that to ‘getProfile’ service so I can get 1 of the ExternalID’s for the sender.

when I run it, it gets the Profile, but only the ‘Corporate’ sub-element comes back as a document. the ‘Contact’, ‘Delivery’, and ‘ID’ all come back as object lists. when I look at those object lists, they look like the documents, but they’re not being recognized as those document types, so I can’t map the Profile/ExternalID/ExternalID to the input I need to.

anyone know why these are being treated as objects instead of documents?

tia

Luke,

The reason you are seeing as objects is might be the data is not being pulled out from TN DB,behaves when the data is null.

Luke,

webMethods has a habit of storing certain data as byte arrays in the database. If you perform a pub.string:bytesToString, you will see your data.

Ray

Luke,

You can “unwrap” the document list with the pub.list:appendToDocumentList service.

1. Create a new flow service.
    Service Input variables:
    id:String
    idTypeDesc:String
    Service Output:
    contacts:Document Reference List for wm.tn.rec:Contact

2. Add a flow step.
    wm.tn.profile:getInternalID

3. Add a flow step.
    wm.tn.profile:getProfile

4. Add a flow step.
    pub.list:appendToDocumentList
    flow step in map fromList = profile/Contact
    flow step out map toList to the contacts service out variable you created in the first step.

When you run this service supply an external id and type for the service input, ie. 123456789 and DUNS.

You will see the list of contacts in the results.

To work with the contact list within this service, “push-pin” a contacts document reference list to the output side of a map step and use appendToDocumentList as a transformer to load it.

Regards

Call wm.tn.profile:getExternalID
Pass sender/ProfileID as the partnerID
Pass the name of the external ID type you’re after, such as “Mutually Defined” or “DUNS” or whichever type you’re interested in.

You’ll get back the external ID if it exists. Be aware that that the returned “id” will be $null if not defined in the profile.

Oops, meant to add “…as the idTypeDesc” parameter to the end of

“Pass the name of the external ID type you’re after, such as “Mutually Defined” or “DUNS” or whichever type you’re interested in.”

thanks, I used the getExternalID service to get it.