Sending EDI to TN

I am working on WM 6.0.1. I am using the default EDITPA profile in TN. I have defined Interchange info from WMEDIforTN home page.

When I submit a EDI 850 to TN,

X12 Envelope are persist but sender/receiver are not identified.
Group/transaction set are persist and sender/receiver are identified.

Can you please help me on this

I need to execute a service for the envelope.

I might be missing some thing here

munni

You may have forgotten to set up your ISA sender/receiver id’s in the profiles under External ID types. It sounds as if they are different from your GS.
ie. if Qualifier is 01 = DUNS, ZZ = Mutually Defined

If your ID types are not in the list you can add them from the wmEDIforTN home page.

Also set your rule to execute service on X12 Envelope and in the rule specify your sender /receiver accordingly so that it knows its and inbound or outbound envelope.

HTH

I did defined the external ID as Mutually Defined as qualifier=ZZ. ISA and GS ID are similiar.
In TN Group/transaction set sender ID/Receiver ID are identified only for Envelope sender ID/receive ID are unknown

double check the external ids, make sure there are no trailing spaces when you entered them.

I tested few things. When I do not define inbound EDI interchange info at WmEDIforTN, then no problem. this problem araises when I defined the inbound EDI interchange info.

Have you tried setting up a TPA Agreement for that particular relationship?
Make sure that you have the relationship set up correctly. That is the the right id/Qlf is used as the Sender and correct pair for the receiver.

Let us know how that goes?

I did not create a TPA agreement for partner. I am using the default TPA. do you think i have to create a agreement

try it and see if it makes a difference.

I was working on some other things
i create EDITPA for that senderID/receiverID pair. But still the X12 envelope is set has unknown.

I am sending EDI 850 out.Is there any way to get ISA/GS values instead of hardcoding them in the services. In webMethods 4.6 we made use of extended fields in the profile to save the ISA/GS values. In wm 6.0 is there any better way to fetch/save ISA/GS for each partner

You have to have some way of linking your application file to the correct Partner Profile. Whether thats value is the same as the receiver ID it doesn’t matter but usually it’s not. The way you link it to the Partner Profile is to use wm.tn.profile:getInternalID to link the value in the application file to Partner Profile.

May be you can post a sample EDI file for us to look at.

Yes I used wm.tn.profile:getInternalID/getExtendedFields to link the application file to partner profile and to get the extended fields from the profile and then map to addGroupEnvelope and addICEnvelope.

Instead of using extended field in the receiver partner profile, is there any other way to store ISA/GS segments?
I thought Interchange Info in Server Administrator might help. By doing so, when I submitted EDI to TN, X12 Envelope is set as Unknow/Unknow for sender/receiver.

I have to generate EDI 850 from SAP IDOC. so i don’t have a sample.

I don’t think you have to getExtened fields.
Try doing a get TPA using the internal id’s for both the sender and receiver.
Alternatively when you do the getInternalID you can specify the wm equivalents of your qualifiers (ZZ=Mutually Defined) to get your Sender/Receiver IDs.
You should be populating an IData object that is the structure of your ISA and GS with the appropriate info.

Your qualifer/sender/receiver pairs that you are putting in the ISA does not match what you have setup in TN Profile as an external ID or you are placing multiple ISAs in one file before posting to TN in which case the unknown is normal but you should still see a 2nd ISA that is correctly identified.

post the sample file.

sample EDI 861
ISA00 00 ZZCPQDIRECT ZZ151615648TST 0311111057U004010000000210T!~
GSRCCPQDIRECT151615648TST20031111105721X004010~
ST861210001~
BRA008057421920031111381~
REFSI9001866~
REFBM5267226~
DTM05020031110~
PRF9001866~
TD5**2
UPSN~
N1STNE HP DISTRIBUTION93NE~
N1SUSL SUPPLY CHAIN SERVICES INT’L CORP930010167250~
RCDSC50EA~
LIN
1VPAA601A~
PIDFSINGLE CHANNEL LSI LOGIC U160~
REF
LI
1~
MAN
CA0311102141061~
CTT1~
SE
16210001~
GE
121~
IEA
1*000000021~

I have set one partner profile with mutually defined = CPQDIRECT and in My Enterprise profile mutually defined = 151615648TST.

Then in Server Administrator, in Interchange info I have added one sender/receiver with ISA/GS segment from the posted sample.

When I posted to TN, 3 documents are created, X12 envelope, group and ST. group and ST have sender/receiver identified but envelope sender/receiver is UNKNOWN.

If I remove the Interchange Info from Server Administrator, then all 3 document in TN have sender/receiver identifier.

Please try above decribed steps and let me know.

munni

Munni

I finally got around to playing with this. You are correct. When you set up the EDI in EDI Administration it fails to recognize the sender/receiver in TN. I tried playing with the GSRouting in the TPA but could not get a different result.
The reason I never encountered this problem is that I control all my routing thru the use of Extended fields in the profile.

Did you ever find a resolution to this? If so please post it.

Chris,

I guess,might be wrong, that is how webMethods default. WM uses the information from EDI Admin, for batch. When a batched EDI is submitted to TN, envelope is set to unknown, is happens even when EDI has only transaction.

as per your advice,I am right now picking the information from EDITPA

Hi
I am working on webMethods and trying to create an edi doc using the flow service WmEDI.wm.b2b.edi:createTemplateFromSEF,when running this what are all those fileds target schema,target package,target dictionary,source directories,by default where the template is stored
Thank you to all those who wanna help me in this regard.
Ramesh Kumar S.P.

Hi
I am working on webMethods 6.0 and trying to create an edi doc using the flow service WmEDI.wm.b2b.edi:createTemplateFromSEF,when running this what are all those fileds target schema,target package,target dictionary,source directories,by default where the template is stored
Thank you to all those who wanna help me in this regard.
Ramesh Kumar S.P.

Are you trying to create a flat file template and and EDI Standard (X12) template?

We are having a similar issue as Munni had, following statement by Munni precisely matches the condition we have:

“When I posted to TN, 3 documents are created, X12 envelope, group and ST. group and ST have sender/receiver identified but envelope sender/receiver is UNKNOWN.”
The only difference is that we have Sender being recognized but the receiver is UNKNOWN.

I have double checked the TPA, Profile all look fine to me, but still its not able to recognize the Receiver.

Any suggestion would be of great help.

There could be various reasons for this kind of issue (sender/receiverid’s not being recognized).

Did you make sure that receiver id/value exactly matches wrto profile.What edi qualifiers are you using in the sender/receiver is it DUNS(01) or mutuallydefined(ZZ) or Phone(12) etc… or someting else?? Check your edidata whether receiver(ISA08 value) has any extra spaces or missing something.Is the right processing rule getting picked??What is the exact error showing in the TN Activity log??

Also test the edidata using envelopeProcess WmEDI service with compliance check to true and make sure ISA/GS values are parsing correctly and validation.

HTH,
RMG