How to handle Multiple ISA 997s in a single transmission?

Hi,

We are receiving 997s batched in a single transmission from a partner within which each 997 has its own ISA and GS. We have defined TPA with splitOption set to Transaction.
TN is able to split the data into multiple transactions and process them accodringly. But, TN doesn’t recognize the EDI data coming from partner which has multiple ISAs. Its stored as X12 Envelope, unknown sender, and unknown receiver in TN.

I tried changing TPA to split at Interchange, and changing the unknown, unknown TPA to split at Interchange, which didn’t help.

I am pasting data sent by partner in a single transmission, below.

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][COLOR=black]

ISA*00* *00* *ZZ*ABC*ZZ*XYZ*060801*0504*U*00403*000316971*0*P*>~
GS*FA*ABC*XYZ*20060801*0504*000316971*X*004030~
ST*997*316971001~
AK1*PR*160~
AK2*855*311754502~
AK5*A~
AK9*A*1*1*1~
SE*6*316971001~
GE*000001*000316971~
IEA*00001*000316971~
ISA*00* *00* ZZ*ABC*ZZ*XYZ*060801*0504*U*00403*000316972*0*P*>~
GS*FA*ABC*XYZ*20060801*0504*000316972*X*004030~
ST*997*316972001~
AK1*PR*177~
AK2*855*311754521~
AK5*A~
AK9*A*1*1*1~
SE*6*316972001~
GE*000001*000316972~
IEA*00001*000316972~

[/color][/COLOR][/size][/font]

Any suggestions as to how I can make TN recognize sender/receiver?
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]

[/font][/size][/FONT]Thanks,
Venkat.

Venkat,

“Its stored as X12 Envelope, unknown sender, and unknown receiver in TN.”
At this point is your splitOption=Interchange or Transaction.

Are you able to transaction sets/Group with sender/receiver recognition when you have multiple ISA’s?? and splitOption=Transaction or Interchange?

Are you using default TPA or defined partner specific?

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,

Please find answers about our configuration below.

“Its stored as X12 Envelope, unknown sender, and unknown receiver in TN.”

At this point is your splitOption=Interchange or Transaction.

At this point my split option is “Transaction”. But the result was same when I had split option “Interchange”.

Are you able to transaction sets/Group with sender/receiver recognition when you have multiple ISA’s?? and splitOption=Transaction or Interchange?

Yes, transaction sets / groups recognized regardless of splitOption.

Are you using default TPA or defined partner specific?

defined partner specific, as the default wasn’t working for this condition.

Thanks,
Venkat.

Sorry to ask this again…just to make sure.

If you receive single ISA then no problem with X12 Envelope sender/receiver recognition right?? (regardless of splitOption)…

what is the activiylog error when unknown sender/receiver? Is it lookup fails.

Can you also check if ISA id’s and qualifiers are accordingly sent to your partner profile externalId’s and it shouldnt have no typo or extra spaces in the data??

HTH,
RMG

RMG,

No problem, I know you are trying to help me :slight_smile: .

Yes, If I receive a single ISA then TN recognizes it fine.

Infact each individual 997 within this batch gets recognized and picks up the processing rule fine, so the incoming data is fine, and enveloped with correct IDs.

I removed the extra spaces, newline characters and submitted myself in TN as a single string (containing multiple ISAs) which has same result.

Here is the Activitylog sequence

1. Routingrule Unknown Sender EDI Envelope process selected.
  2. Document Persisted
  3. Status Changed
  4. Service error: handle exception invoked

com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: Trading Networks cannot recognize Sender & Receiver on this document.

at BWW_Utility.FlowUtils.throwServiceException(FlowUtils.java:424)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:287)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:587)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:44)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:229)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:49)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:198)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process

Thanks,
Venkat.

The interchange with unknown sender/receiver can be safely ignored. It is an “extra” interchange which represents all of the groups and tx sets in all the interchanges. It is provided automatically in case you want to work with all the data as a single unit. You’ll notice that each of the interchanges, groups and tx sets are all represented within the Transaction Analysis window. You’re not missing anything.

This is covered in the EDI with TN documentation (don’t know the page number). I believe the creation of this “extra” interchange can be disabled too, though I’m not sure which setting it is. A search of the EDI docs should yield the answer though.

Venkat,

You may have to check the above mentioned procedure which is OK for extra interchange with unknown would be created esp when it is a batch EDI doc and looks like there is an option to turnoff the extra interchange.I will look on this info too.

HTH,
RMG

Thank you, Rob. I’ll go thru the documentation and post it here if/when i find the setting details.

Venkat.

For the sake of completeness, this is from the EDI Module Users Guide version 6.1:

persistMultipleDocEnvelope EDITPA Variable Default: true

The persistMultipleDocEnvelope variable indicates whether you want the EDI Module to save the original EDI document to the Trading Networks database. The original EDI document that Trading Networks receives typically contains multiple interchange segments. The EDI Module only uses the persistMultipleDocEnvelope variable from the default EDITPA.

persistMultipleDocEnvelope
true - The EDI Module saves the original EDI document to the Trading Networks database. Note that the document is saved with the sender and receiver both set to Unknown.

false The EDI Module does not save the original EDI document to the Trading Networks database. If you specify false, you will not have a way to retrieve the original EDI document.

Tim

Thank you Tim, Rob, and RMG for helping me with a solution, it works the way mentioned in documentation.

Venkat.