Error while trying to enable the JDBC Notification

I got the below error message while trying to enable the JDBC Notification on the webMethods 9.5 server.

can someone help me to fix this ?

I am using trial version of WM 9.5

ART.116.3020] Adapter Runtime (Notification): Unable to get list of notification types supported by node JDBCAdapter.
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [SoftwareAG][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Invalid object name ‘IS_USER_TASKS’.

Hi,

For configuring JDBC adapter on IS page ask your DBA team for details.

Depending on the IS-Version (and therefore the used JVM) and the DB version there are several different driver jars for Oracle DBs (these can be downloaded for free from Oracle Technology Network [free registration required]):

JVM 1.5: ojdbc5.jar
JVM 1.6: ojdbc6.jar
JVM 1.7: ojdbc6.jar (for Oracle 11g and before)
ojdbc7.jar (for Oracle 12c and newer)

These jars are backwards compatible down to Oracle 9i R2 for those running on an old database.

For Oracle Database driver it is sufficient to place the jar in IntegrationServer/packages/WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars and reload the Adapter-Package and all depending packages.

The connection should specify “driverType=thin” in the “Other Properties” field.

Oracle 12c is currently not officially supported for the webMethods Suite.

Also make sure that WmART package is also enabled.

Let me know your results.

Yes. That worked after placing the SQL server JDBC Adaptor .jar files to the folder ‘C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars’

Thanks

haha… I am stuckup again.

After copying the jar files, I was able to create and work on the JDBC adaptors services.

But when I try to create the JDBC Adaptor Notification, I got the below error.

ART.116.3020] Adapter Runtime (Notification): Unable to get list of notification types supported by node JDBCAdapter.
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [SoftwareAG][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Invalid object name ‘IS_USER_TASKS’

Do you think I need to copy the Jars on to different locations on webMethods 9.5 version?

Can you try placing the jars at /IntegrationServer/lib/jars

Make sure WmART package is enabled. If it does not work try restarting your IS. Are you using wM 9.5?

Let me know the results.

If you still face issues, i would suggest applying latest fixes.

@ Sree,

Any good news on the issue? :slight_smile:

Thanks for the replies. No Luck yet. I still have the issue with Notifications even after copying the JDBC drivers and making sure WmART is enabled.

How can I apply the latest fixes? where can I download those?

I am using 9.5 trial. Can someone tell me how long the trial version is valid for Evaluation/learning ?

Thanks

Dude,

I guess/assume that you don’t have the option to apply fixes on trial version of webMethods. Lets see what others comment.

As per your license agreement your evaluation will end by 2014/07/15

But no worries you have two options:

1> Buy an enterprise version by contacting SAG sales team or
2> Again download the evaluation copy and start using it

-HTH