webMethods Oracle JDBC Adapter Notification Issue

Dear Experts,

I searched all over techcommunity but no one is facing the same issue with Oracle.

I am facing an error trying to create a JDBC Adapter Notification.

I can create a normal JDBC adapter and its working fine, but each time i create an adapter notification, the designer doesn’t create the publish document and I get this error in the log files:

[ART.116.3020] Adapter Runtime (Notification): Unable to get list of notification types supported by node JDBCAdapter.
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00904: “RUN_AT”: invalid identifier
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00904: “RUN_AT”: invalid identifier
Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: [SoftwareAG][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00904: “RUN_AT”: invalid identifier

My current environment is:
webMethods 9.9
JDBC Adapter 9.0 latest fix
Oracle 11g R2
Windows 7.

I downloaded the correct ojdbc.jar file and placed it in the wMJDBCAdapter package and in the IS_HOME/lib/jars

Appreciate your help.

Hi Wanis,

which IS-Core Fix is applied?

Can you provide the exact Fix number for JDBC-Adapter Fix?

In Readme for JDBC Adapter Fix8 I found the following entry:

JDB-1448
In webMethods Adapter for JDBC, an error occurs when you create insert adapter notification.

This issue occurs when you create insert adapter notifications for Oracle database table where scale is defined with number type column.

This issue is resolved.

Does this apply to your environment?

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hello Holger,

My IS version fixes are:

IS_9.9_Core_Fix2
IS_9.9_SPM_Fix2

My JDBC Adapter fix is:
JDBC_9.0_Fix8

The error occurs when trying to create a basic and an insert notification.

My table has columns of Number data types.

Thanks,

Wanis

I deleted all the tables and created a new one with only VARCHAR as column types and it didn’t work as well

Hi Wanis,

please check your Designer patch level.

Check for Fixes labeled ESB_9.9 or named Designer → Service Development.

Can you provide exact version of the ojdbc.jar?
This can be found in the file META-iNF/MANIFEST.MF inside the jar.

Are you using ojdbc6.jar or ojdbc7.jar (has been introduced with Oracle 12c, but will work with Oracle 11g as well)?

If this does not help you will have to open an incident with Software AG to get this sorted out.

Regards,
Holger

Hello Holger,

My Designer patch level is Fix2 as well.

The driver is ojdbc6.jar Implementation-Version: 11.2.0.1.0 (same as database).

on a side note, do you think that UM or Broker is mandatory to create Adapter notifications or can you use the native JMS implementation in IS?

Hi Wanis,

you should update the database and the driver to 11.2.0.3 or better 11.2.0.4.

For the database itself there might be a 11.2.0.5, but I am not sure.
For the driver you can upgrade to 12.1.0.2.
The driver can be downloaded from OTN.

Adapter Notification Documents are processed with native publish/subscribe model, not JMS.

Meanwhile UM supports this too (since 9.9).

Due to the fact that the last available Broker version is 9.6 you should use UM if neccessary.

I dont think that using a messaging backbone (Broker, UM) is mandatory but it might help to avoid message loss for the case that the IS has to be restarted.

As I am still on wM 9.5 UM is not yet an option.

Regards,
Holger

Looks like this issue can be related to schedulers in IS

Is it a new 9.9 install or upgraded? IS_INTERNAL jdbc pool pointing to embedded database or external

is the database migration script run after upgrade, if it is upgrade

1 Like