Wrapped Exception: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:wm:oracle

Hi All,

I could see below message in error log and server saying no suitable driver

com.wm.app.audit.AuditException: [BAA.0002.0000] Wrapped Exception: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver found for jdbc:wm:oracle//localhost:1521;databaseName=wmlocal

based on it i did below things

1. downloaded ojdbc6.jar and copied to my local installation directory
    E:\WORK\SAG912\IntegrationServer\instances\default\lib\jars\custom

2. Also copied to below location
    E:\WORK\SAG912\IntegrationServer\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars

3. Restarted IS

4. Reloaded WmJDBCAdapter package however no results, still i get the same message.

Could you please tell is this is the right location or what needs to be done to fix this ?

Thanks,
Gireesh

which version of WM are you running?
your connection string indicates that you are trying to use the DataDirect driver provided by WM. For version greater than 9.0 it’s possible and the driver should be provided already.
For older version, check the JDBC adapter documentation for the proper connection string.

Hi,

the datadirect is located under common/lib/ext and should be available for the complete IntegrationServer.
The jar is named dd-cjdbc.jar.

Remember to apply latest SCG_DataDirect Fix if one is available.

When running WM9.12 with Oracle Drivers these should placed under WmJDBCAdapter/code/jars (for both, main packages structure and instances/default/packages/ structure).
I recommend to use ojdbc7.jar from either Oracle 11.2.0.4 or Oracle 12.1.0.1 driver download section.
Oracle 12.1.0.2 no longer has ojdbc7.jar, only actual ojdbc8.jar which only works with JVM 8 and newer.
The number in the jar file name indicates the minimum jvm version the jar is compatible with.

Can you provide a screenshot of your connection config?

As it is referring to auditing it sounds that some of your jdbc pool/function definition got corrupted.
Check under IS/instances/default/config/jdbc/pool and IS/instances/default/config/jdbc/function.
You can restore the files from IS/instances/default/config/backup/jdbc/pool and IS/instances/default/config/backup/jdbc/function if this is the case.
Rememeber to shutdown and restart IS afterwards.

Regards,
Holger