Error in Building Sample Application

Hi All,

i had installed EntireX(Trial Version 6.2.1) on my Linux(running RedHat 7.3) Machine.

when i tried to build “Hello RPC” Application provided by EntireX, i got the following error.

===============================================

[hello@root]#make

(cd unix ; make -f makefile)
make[1]: Entering directory /opt/sag/exx/v621/examples/msrpc/hello/server/unix'<BR>g++ -o /opt/sag/exx/v621/examples/bin/hellos ../../idl/unix/obj/i686_linux_libc6/hello_s.o \<BR> -g -uCoolMain \<BR> obj/i686_linux_libc6/hellos.o obj/i686_linux_libc6/hellop.o \<BR> -L/opt/sag/exx/v621/lib -lmutantstubs -L/opt/sag/exx/v621/lib -loleaut32 -lole32 -lrpcrt4 -lntrtl -lmutant -lcoolmisc -lpthread -lc -ldl<BR><BR><BR>/opt/sag/exx/v621/lib/libmutant.so: undefined reference to 'getpwent_r@GLIBC_2.1.2'<BR><BR>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status<BR><BR>make[1]: *** [/opt/sag/exx/v621/examples/bin/hellos] Error 1<BR>make[1]: Leaving directory /opt/sag/exx/v621/examples/msrpc/hello/server/unix’

================================================

i have also included “/opt/sag/exx/v621/lib” in /etc/ld.so.conf & ran “/sbin/ldconfig -v”, but i still get the same error.

if any body know how to correct the error,please let me know.

thanks in advance

regards
Ramesh

Hello Ramesh,

If you take a look at http://www.softwareag.com/entirex/download/download_entxDCOM.htm#Requirements%20to%20install it says that the prerequisite glibc is v2.2.2 and I see that in your case you are linking againest v2.1.2. So I suspect this may be the cause of the link problem. Is is possible to install glibc v222?

Hope this helps.

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.

Hello,

the released version of 6.2.1 will not run on RH 7.3. We had a customer who already noticed that, but in the end he didn’t wanted a patch cause he used 6.1.1.
We can exchange getpwent_r with getpwent (it is not critical in this case) and then it should run. Currently I don’t know how I can handle that with trial versions (for customers we could create a hotfix).
I will try to find out if there is a way to provide some updated binaries.

Regards,
Volker Denkhaus

Hello,

we will not have any updates for the 6.2.1 trial version.

Version 7.1.1 will be available for download in November.

Regards,
Volker Denkhaus