Problems with the examples

Hello all,

I’m trying to get the examples that come with EntireX to work, but I fail. E.g. if I try to make the Hello RPC example with

examples/msrpc> make

I get the error msg

obj/i686_linux_libc6/hello_s.c:156: error: static declaration of ?hello_StubDesc? follows non-static declaration
obj/i686_linux_libc6/hello_s.c:63: error: previous declaration of ?hello_StubDesc? was here
obj/i686_linux_libc6/hello_s.c:204: error: static declaration of ?__MIDL_ProcFormatString? follows non-static declaration
obj/i686_linux_libc6/hello_s.c:41: error: previous declaration of ?__MIDL_ProcFormatString? was here
obj/i686_linux_libc6/hello_s.c:221: error: static declaration of ?__MIDL_TypeFormatString? follows non-static declaration
obj/i686_linux_libc6/hello_s.c:40: error: previous declaration of ?__MIDL_TypeFormatString? was here

I guess this is because gcc is too new, and does not support this any more. My system is:

rauch@tux3:~/DCOM/examples/msrpc> uname -a
Linux tux3 2.6.13-15.7-bigsmp #1 SMP Tue Nov 29 14:32:29 UTC 2005 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
rauch@tux3:~/DCOM/examples/msrpc> gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 4.0.2 20050901 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)
Copyright (C) 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Which flag should I set to make the example work?
The only solution I know of is to remove the “static” keyword, but this is really stupid since it is in code generated by midl.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Nicole

Hello,

gcc 4 is not yet supported. Dependend on your Linux installation you need the follosing gcc:
Suse 9, RedHat 3 or 4 : gcc 3.3
Suse 8, RedHat 2.1 : gcc 3.2

Kind Regards,
Volker Denkhaus