Editor / Tool for Adabas V3.1 database

Adabas V3.1 Datenbank / WIN2003 Server / Natural Version ist 4.1.2. Pl. 17

Hello, I hope that my question here is not off-topic.
I would like to edit an old Adabas V3.1 database. It is still running on an old WIN2003 server. The system is still in operation because sometimes old plotters and rare special printers are controlled. The Natural version is 4.1.2. pl. 17
I don’t usually have much to do with such databases. But I would like to correct an entry directly in the database. Is there a tool that allows me to do this easily? A graphical tool would not be bad.
When I stop the database (with the help of DBA Workbench) I can edit the files. I have tried it with SciTE-Lite. I can then edit entries, but that is too confusing for me (due to lack of expertise).
Since I am not from the database world, I would appreciate a tip that allows me to edit the database.
If my topic is out of place here, please just ignore it :wink:
Greetings and thanks Ralf

Natural Old Full Version

The “Editor Tool for Adabas” is … NATURAL.

DON’T MESS WITH ADABAS DATA ON THE FILE SYSTEM DIRECTLY

This data is compressed, you will destroy your database with a probability close to 100% that way.

Thank you for your answer. I have a test environment in which I can’t break anything.
I would like to change two address entries in the database directly. A name and a customer number. Unfortunately, this is not possible completely. I can see the customer in the ‘Natural.exe Menu’ on the client computer and can change the address data there. But the customer cannot be called up for another area. It is displayed very briefly, but then disappears again immediately.
I therefore thought that there is an editor with which I can edit the customers and their relevant data directly in the database.
If I stop the database first, of course.
So I am looking for the tool that shows me the customers and their address data (city, street, etc.) in the database. I cannot find this data when I call up ‘natural.exe’.

As I said, the WIN2003 software and network environment is still used to control ancient plotters and dot matrix printers. Really antiquated :slight_smile:
I am not a programmer myself. I only have the rare knowledge to install the old Naturals software on 32 and 64 bit client computers. That is super tricky. The programmer died many years ago.

I hope it is ok to ask these questions (unqualified) here.

Menu