EDI concepts

hi,

can a single EDI document be split into multiple EDI docs?or can multiple
EDI s clubbed into one single EDI…are there any such scenarios?i m not able to figure out a lot of concepts in EDI due to lack of detailed examples
illustrating the same…if any senior member can explain/show direction,
that would be an excellent gesture…

Any help is appreciated…

Great,

A single EDI document consists of ISA/GS/ST header segments

ISA=Interchange Envelope (This can repeat) it ends with IEA segment
…GS=Group Envelope (This can repeat under ISA level) it ends with GE segment
…ST=Transaction Set it indicates whether EDI is PurchaseOrder(850) or Invoice (810) or ASN(856) etc…(This can repeat under GS level) it ends with SE segment

can a single EDI document be split into multiple EDI docs?

This is applicable if ISA/GS/ST(say 10 ST segments)then it is treated as 10 seperate EDI docs.

Please go thru the WmEDISamples package it has X12,EDIFACT sample services this comes with standard wM EDI module installation,and also visit ediuniversity.com for getting overall understanding of EDI concepts.

HTH,
RMG

Rmg, thank u for ur reply.
so a single EDI with one ISA/IEA and one GS/GE and multiple TS/ST s can be split into multiple EDIs with the same ISA/IEA and GS/GE repeating in all the multiple EDI docs which ofcourse have a different TS/ST in each one them…correct?edi university is helpful…

btw, i know its a wrong place to ask this…i have posted to webmaster and did not get reply yet…so please excuse me…

how to start a new post/thread in this form after i log in…i did it once…but am not able to find the menu/link when i want to do it again.even the sitemap does not provide any clues…

thanks again…

hi rmg, dont bother to answer my question about that menu/link to start a new thread…i got help from the webmaster…
Thanks a lot…and sorry to have bothered u…

Greatwhite

No problem,Thank you.

Users in this site will certainly respond you in fast.

–RMG.