EDI Help

Hi,
My project is on EDI. We have to send the business documents to another trading partner and vice versa.

what VAN i have to use?
Is there any tools for translating the documents to EDI Format?
How to send the documents?
Am i register to EDI Service Provider?
what are the requirements for this project?
how to configure the EDI server?

Plz help me.

Regards,
naag

Nagaraju,

Welcome To WmUsers!!

what VAN you have to use…your company/client can answer you this…
Actually there are lot of EDI VAN providers like GXS,SterlingCommerce,IBM,CLEO,Inovis etc…

webMethods IS/EDI Adapter is the tool for translation documents to EDI formats.

Basically you need to install EDI Adapter comes with IS unless your company bought license for getting EDI module.

Please go thru the EDI Adapter documentation that comes with EDI Adapter after installation on IS ,referece this location WmEDI/docs folder you will see the Userguide.pdf’s or visit Advantage.webmethos.com for EDI tutorials.

Regarding basic understanding of EDI world visit ediuniversity.com

Note:Search this forum for webMethods EDI related questions you will see numerous posts and replies.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,
Can you give us the link the EDI tutorials at advantage.webmethods.com? I can’t find it.
Thanks!

Go to the Adapters section,you should find EDI module tutorials or do a quick search in the advantage site.

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,
Thanks for your reply. I still can’t find the tutorial at the advantage>>bookshelf>>EDI.
I have the WmEDIsample package and the EDI module users guide, is this the tutorial you mentioned?
Thanks
westisland

yes those documents/samples should help you moving forward in WM EDI basics.

are there any other tutorials or guides available on internet

Yes,get access to this site Advantage.webmethods.com,and see the BookShelf link,or do a search in the site for EDI.

HTH,
RMG

except that??

well i didnt find any :frowning:

search on the EDI Module.You should fine some results or else browse the BookShelf.

Any ways here is the direct link for the EDI userguides.Hope you have the advantage access for accessing this link.

[url]http://advantage.webmethods.com/cgi-bin/advantage/main.jsp?w=0&targChanId=bookshelf_edi[/url]

HTH,
RMG