Database startup problems

Hi,
I’ve installed Tamino version 4.1.4.1 and Apache Http Server 2.0.50 on Win XP Pro, and got through the setup ok :slight_smile:

When I try to start a database I get the following error:

Failed to create XTS directory service entries: XTS0062E: XTS Timeout error INODSE5271 2004-07-30 10:08:02

I’ve checked that the Software AG XTS Directory Server is up and running and all is ok.

Does anyone have any ideas?

BTW, I’m running the evaluation of Tamino on a stand-alone PC – has an IP address, but is detached from the network (at home), does this have an effect?

Many thanks,

Tony

I hate replying to myself – makes me want to dash out to the nearest psychiatrist :slight_smile: but …

I’ve now plugged my laptop into a network and the database starts fine. When I used a dial-up connection I had no luck. Does anyone know anything about these types of limitations?

Many thanks,

Tony

Tony,

the reason is that no TCP/IP stack is found on your machine. This is typically only initialized if you have a network connection. You can force an initialization by installing the Microsoft loopback adapter (see e.g. How To Install Microsoft Loopback Adapter in Windows 2000 in the microsoft knowledge base)

Regards

Harald

Hi Harald,
Thanks for the advide – this has done the trick. You’ve saved me a long trek into work :slight_smile:

Many thanks,

Tony