Failed to create XTS directory services entries: XTS0080E

I’m getting the following error when I try to start any of my databases:

Failed to create XTS directory services entries: XTS0080E: XTS GetHostByName Failed.

I tried setting the database property to overwrite XTS registration, and I tried restarting the XTS services. What could be causing this error?

Thanks,
Steve

Hello,

I am using Windows XP Prof and the Apache Web Server 2.0.43. After installing Tamino 4.1.4.1 I recieve a similar error message, when I try to start a database.

The error message is as follows:

Failed to create XTS directory service entries: XTS0062E: XTS Timeout error (Message ID: INODSE5271).

I checked the event viewer of the windows administration. There are several application events concerning the Universal Transaction Platform, which failed to start (e.g. “UTXDME3039 The call to XTS function UTX_Main():UTX_InitialiseXtsServer() failed with error code 80”).

Could anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Thorsten

Hello,

just for your information:

I also tried the Tamino version 4.1.1.

But after the installation the same error was produced, when I tried to start a database.

Best regards

Thorsten

Steve:-

The XTS0080E is caused because it is trying to lookup SAGXTSDShost in the hosts file or DNS. Please check the host file there should be an entry that looks like:-

127.0.0.1 SAGXTSDShost localhost
49.187.0.0 SAGXTSDSport

Thorsten:- it seems in your installation that there is a problem with the UTX component install of Tamino and would suggest raising the issue with your local Software AG customer centre.

Cheers,

Stuart Fyffe-Collins
Software AG (UK) Ltd.