ApplinX SOA with default code page 037 does change the special characters

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level?

ApplinX 10.7 Standard License

Are you using a free trial or a product with a customer license?

Licensed to customer

What are trying to achieve? Please describe in detail.

We try passing the the string with the special characters such as Huỳnh Tấn in SOA request for the code page 037
Apparently in Designer these characters are displayed correctly.
View in Designer
Is it possible to use another code page to render normal Latin and special characters correctly ?

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

No errors, just the special characters were changed according to the current code page 037 to look like Huỳnh Tấn

Have you installed latest fixes for the products

Current fix level is 1231

ApplinX is installed on Windows 2019 with the default code page EBCDIC 037 and Natural is running on Linux - would it help changing this codepage to UTF-8 ?

After adding then UTF encoding to the ApplinX server JVM the special characters appear in ApplinX log, but it is not passed to Natural application correctly. Current Natural codepage is ISO_8859-1:1987, looking for the new CP value …

There is an issue to translate char to utf-8 on applinx,

When I have non english char it does not return the correct values back.

It return ( 458 Huỳnh Tấn Phát我 ) inplace of

( 458 Huỳnh Tấn Phát )

What I saw is when I paste 458 Huỳnh Tấn Phát on the ApplinX emulator it store the data incorectly and when I read the data back via PuTTY emulator with utf-8 encoding it does not display correctly.

And when I use ApplinX emulator and read the data it does no display corectly even if I change the connections codepage from CP037 to CP850 it does not make a difference.

Also when I use ApplinX api (webservice) it also does not work,

When I store and read the data via PuTTY with utf-8 encoding it works

Is there a way to change the ApplinX emulator’s codepage to utf-8.

What I did sovar is to add utf-8 on the ApplinX startup

I add utf-8 encoding and that sort out the api input,

But when it copy the text from the emulator it store the data incorectly ( 458 Huỳnh Tấn Phát我 ).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.