How To Construct Translation Table

Dear All,

I’ve Read In Applinx User Guide that we can use Translation Tables but i dont know the structure of this Table, so please help me, it will be better if you send me an example

Thanx alot

Ha Owais

Hi Ha Owais,
Can you tell me which APX version you are using and if you can explain what you want to achieve by using the Translation Tables? (So I can know how I can help you the best)
Thanks,
Asaf

First Thank You Asaf shak

my APX is APX52 and it is already registered under my company name (DiwanUnited), DiwanUnited is the partner for SoftwareAg in Kuwait and we are handling several projects here in Kuwait. We are working closely with SoftwareAG office in Bahrain.
The problem is we cannot use the standard codepage provided in the Display Host for BS2000, all the arabic characters are wrong, we need to use special translation table from Arabic EBCEDIC to ASCII, we need to know how to write the translation table file (.TT), please send us any translation table just to know the file structure.

We are working on a POC for a big customer and we need to finish it sucessfuly.

i’m waiting for your reply, thank you again

Haitham

Hi haitham,
The translation tables are deprecated and it is no longer possible to use it for new projects.
It was left for backwards compatibility only and will be removed in the next Patch level release.
What exactly do you wish to get from using those tables? Maybe we can help you if we will understand what your purpose is.
Best regards,
Asaf

Dear Asaf,

our problem is that this project that we work on connected to adabas and natural database, it contains information stored in ARABIC and FARSI to store employees information, when we choose code page FARSI becomes wrong and ARABIC sometimes, i.e. FARSI codepage and ARABIC codepage is not working correctly on BS2000, so we need your help to solve this problem in the best way, if there is a patch or any thing can help us, so tell me

Thanks and Regards

Haitham.

Hello Haitham,

I’m not sure if this could be relevant to your questions: the Adabas Universal Encoding Support (mainframe) allows to define database and file encodings and for applications default or specific user encodings. If the encoding of data in Adabas files can be exactly specified and the user encoding for your application then this might work for you.

You mention BS2000. Currently, Adabas has no specific BS2000 code pages for Arabic or Farsi. But we’d be willing to provide these if useful.

In addition, Adabas has a conversion exit for context dependent conversion (ADACOX). This could be used for encodings with presentation forms, e.g. for Arabic characters that change form if in the middle or at the end of a word.

This is described in the Adabas doc:
http://techcommunity.softwareag.com/ecosystem/documentation/adabas/ada813mfr/adamf/dbatasks/dbplatforms.htm#adacox

Kind regards,
Marbod

Hi Haitham,
We fixed few issues we had related to ARABIC and FARSI language in APX 522. It could be that you are facing problems we already fixed before.
Can you tell me what Applinx version are you using?
Also can you be little more specific about the problems you are facing (Where and when they happened, does the problems appear constantly or from time to time)?
If you can, please provide us with the relevant files so we can check your claims here (GCT, GXZ, log file).
Does Marbod answer help you? (Thanks Marbod by the way)
Regards,
Asaf

Hi Marbod and Asaf

Our Applinx version is 5.2.3.0.6

The problem specifically is in FARSI, which is that our client using specific encoding
so when we used code page conversion of Applinx Administrator it has given wrong characters,
the only solution as i think is to use specific conversion table

about GCT and GXZ sorry its not allowed to be provided.
Regards,

Haitham

Hello Haitham,

I presume that ApplinX Support would like to understand which characters are not correctly converted.

Which Code page is being used with the customer?

BS2000 defines 3 Farsi code pages one ASCII and two EBCDIC.
They can be found starting on page 170 in this document :
http://manuals.fujitsu-siemens.com/servers/bs2_man/man_de/dcam/v12_0/xhcs.pdf

Other Farsi code pages can be found with IBM:

If none of the mentioned code pages fit, a list of all possible characters and their binary value in the custom Farsi codepage and the expected Unicode value it would be possible to identify differences in existing ApplinX translation tables and eventually fix your problem.

Kind regards,
Marbod

Dear Marbod,

Thank You For Your Interest, i will try your solution and let you know the result thank you so much

Kind Regards,

Haitham