Application Permission Issue

What product/components do you use and which version/fix level are you on?

Cumulocity Application Management

Is your question related to the free trial, or to a production (customer) instance?

Yes

What are you trying to achieve? Please describe it in detail.

Our solution is built on top of the Application Builder.
I am trying to to give our business User access to only application that i have created from Application builder however with ability to create widgets.

On assigning the Application Management role,it assign all application to this user with restriction of unassigning any of them back.

Also,if i keep only read option then the UI rendering of my application gets unstructured.

Please help me understand how can i assign a permission to User or Role in such a way that The User can only access application which is mapped to him and with ability to add widgets by himself.

Do you get any error messages? Please provide a full error message screenshot and log file.

Have you installed all the latest fixes for the products and systems you are using?

Hi,

You can give application access to a Role where user is belonged.
Please refer below screenshot.

You may need to give “Application Builder” app access if your application created without providing context path.

For Add widgets, you need application Management Admin Permission and if you can give that it will also display all applications to the user. This is something by designed. I will raise feature request to support this.

One possible work around is to create another tenant for your business user and migrate application using migration tool.

Regards,
Darpan

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.