Adding External ID b12b to TN

Hi,

I need help in adding external ID ‘12’ to TN. This is for external id type description ‘Phone’. But in Trading Networks, Phone has an external ID 101. I did change this number from 101 to 12 in TN database table, but it did not help.

Any ideas.

Thanks,

Pauly

Pauly,

You need to add this through the wmEDI home page under Add External EDI ID Types.
DO NOT MAKE CHANGES DIRECTLY TO THE DATABASE UNLESS YOU HAVE EXPLICIT DIRECTION FROM WM TECH SUPPORT OR YOU’RE FEELING REAL LUCKY.
Seriously, that’s very dangerous and could render your TN completely inoperable.
IF the EDI ID type that you need to add is not in the list contact Tech support and they will send you detail instructions on what to do.
However, Phone is there already there.

Please undo your changes to the database. What you changed was the internal ID representation and that depends on when it was added. It can be 101 on your DEV box and 102 on your PROD box.

Good Luck!

Pauly,

you have to add the ExternalID in [url]http://wmserver:5555/WmEDIforTN/[/url] home page there is a section " Add EDI ID Types" and select the EDI ID Type=Phone (id=12) and install.

If this id already exists in the TN,it will overwrite.So no need to change this manually in TN tables.

HTH,

Chris/RMG,

Thanks for your response. Phone is already in the list and I have selected that in the partner profile. Still could not identify the sender. Have you succeeded in identifying the partner with external ID qualifier as 12.

Thanks,
Pauly

Are you using EDI or XML?

I have done this before TN will identify the externalID for (Phone).

Are you seeing any error traces in the logs.

Thanks,

RMG,

I am using EDI 4010 856. In the Activity Log, the error message is ‘Invalid Sender ID’.

Thanks,

Pauly

Are you sure in the 856 envelope data the id’s are specifying properly?
This might be the reason that TN is not able to extract the id.

So use the “envelopeProcess” service and validate the envelope data to make sure it is in correct format.This way we can debug the problem and later after correction push it to TN.

If possible upload the EDI sample that you are testing (if it is disclosable).

HTH,
RMG

Also make sure in the EDI 856 file whether the ISA05=12 (phone id)and ISA06 (phone number) is matching according to the TN profile.

RMG,

There is no error in the doc. Phone number is matching according to TN profile. ISA seg. looks like below.

ISA00 00 121234567890 140987654321 *

The spaces are getting trimmed when I upload the text. So let me give you the no. of digits for each field.
1st field - 3
2nd - 2
3rd - 10
4th - 2
5th - 10
6th-2
7th-15
8th-2
9th-15

Thanks,

Pauly

Pauly,

Did you tested the edi document with envelopeProcess service to make sure the envelope is in correct format (including the ISA06,ISA08 spaces)

Make sure the ISA06 (1234567890-----) field is matching with TN profile.

Since you have changed data in the TN tables,Chris comments may apply.So TN is not able to extract id for Phone.

Thanks,

Pauly,

Install the EDI ID Type(Phone) again.

And create the profile.let c what happens.

HTH,

RMG,

It worked…Thanks very much.

Regards,

Pauly

Pauly,

As per my post earlier.
You need to reverse the database change you did.

Pualy,

Glad it worked finally.

Goodluck,