Adabas Community Edition: Invalid Licensefile

During the installaion of the Adabas Community Edition 5.15 I get the following message:

Invalid Licensefile
Please ensure that you use the original license file without modifications

It’ the original Licensefile without any modification from webinfo@softwareag.com.

Any idea?
Thanks
D.

When you registered for the download you will have received an e-mail containing the xml license file; this is the one you should use.

My E-Mail Account had changed the Licensefile. I send the whole mail to another account and there I can use the attachment.

Thanks
D.

Installed Adabas ok, but when trying to create a database I get this error:
“The version of ADABAS and the version used in the license file do not match.”
The Adabas version is 6.1.4.04, the license file is called ada51_demo.xml and refers to version 5.1 - I’ve tried editing the xml file and changing 5.1 to 6.1, but then I get a “license file invalid” error.
Help please

I have got the same error with Adabas and also with Natural. However, the Natural intallation folder contains an XML license file that works.
Help needed quickly!

The Community Edition of Adabas (v6.1.4) does not require a license key; so during the installation please simply hit “next” when you are asked to supply one and the installation will continue, however the Adabas database installed has restricted functionality and size limitations.

BTW: you cannot edit the license file, it is protected by a checksum :slight_smile:

I have downloaded Adabas Community v630 and installed on my Windows 7 KVM. During the installation it asked me for the licence file and I just bypassed, cliking Next, since I heard on this forum that this version does not require any licence.
Ok, the installation has finished, but when I go to DBA workbench to start GENERAL DATABASE 12, I get the following error message:
START OF DATABASE 12 FAILED
the nucleus log shows:
Reading configuration data from C:\ProgramData\Software AG\Adabas\db012\DB012.INI

%ADANUC-I-STARTED, 29-APR-2015 17:15:54, Version 6.3.0.03 (Windows 64Bit)
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of ADABAS_ACCESS=ALL
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of AR_CONFLICT=(ABORT)
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of BFIO_PARALLEL_LIMIT=50
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of BI=
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of CLOGBMAX=4096
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of CLOGLAYOUT=5
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of DBID=12
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of LAB=1048576
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of LABX=20971520
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of LBP=100M
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of LPXA=10
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of LWP=1000000
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of MGC=50
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of NCL=50
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of NISNHQ=0
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of NT=3
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of NU=20
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of TNAA=3000
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of TNAE=3000
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of TNAX=3000
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of TT=3000
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of WRITE_LIMIT=0

%ADANUC-F-LCINFIL, The license file (C:\ProgramData\Software AG\lkey\ada63.xml) is invalid
%ADANUC-I-IOCNT, 2 IOs on dataset ASSO
%ADANUC-I-ABORTED, 29-APR-2015 17:15:54, elapsed time: 00:00:00

I dont have any *.xml file in the files I have downloaded, also there is nothing on my email, as you can see below:
Please note that the Adabas Community Edition does not require a license key, therefore the following default license parameter values apply:

Number of users = 5
Databasesize = 200 Mbyte
Numberthread = 3
Bufferpoolsize = 160 Mbyte
Workpoolsize = 500 Kbyte
PLOG = NO

This Community Edition is for personal use only. Use for commercial production purposes is prohibited.

Click here to download the Adabas Community Edition (Adabas_Community_Edition_630.zip, 162MB)

For assistance installing or using Adabas, join the Adabas Developer Forum and post your questions at http://tech.forums.softwareag.com.

Does anybody can help me to activate/start ADABAS here?

Hi Jose,

You are trying to start a database with parameters that exceed the limits imposed by the CE license conditions (NU>5 and LWP>500k and, by default, PLOGging on) and it seems this is making Adabas look for a valid license file.

Change the db parameters and try again.
i.e.
NU=5
LWP=500000
NOPLOG

Cheers, Graeme

Hi Graeme, thanks.
I did some changes at Nucleus parameters, but the error persists, see the new nuclues error log:

Reading configuration data from C:\ProgramData\Software AG\Adabas\db012\DB012.INI

%ADANUC-I-STARTED, 30-APR-2015 09:36:26, Version 6.3.0.03 (Windows 64Bit)
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of ADABAS_ACCESS=ALL
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of AR_CONFLICT=(ABORT)
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of BFIO_PARALLEL_LIMIT=0
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of BI=
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of CLOGBMAX=4096
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of CLOGLAYOUT=5
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of DBID=12
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of LAB=1048576
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of LABX=20971520
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of LBP=104857600
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of LPXA=10
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of LWP=512000
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of MGC=50
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of NCL=50
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of NISNHQ=0
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of NT=3
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of NU=5
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of TNAA=3000
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of TNAE=3000
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of TNAX=3000
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of TT=3000
%ADANUC-I-PARSET, setting of WRITE_LIMIT=0

%ADANUC-F-LCINFIL, The license file (C:\ProgramData\Software AG\lkey\ada63.xml) is invalid
%ADANUC-I-IOCNT, 2 IOs on dataset ASSO
%ADANUC-I-ABORTED, 30-APR-2015 09:36:26, elapsed time: 00:00:00

Thanks

I suspect that Adabas is more particular than Natural and dislikes the KVM installation. SAG’s Community editions are intended for specific (vanilla) Windows versions.

:frowning:

I assume that the license file is invalid. Please note that you must not edit a license file provided by Software AG - if you do so, it will be rejected as invalid.

I recommend that you use the DBA workbench to deactivate the license file; there is a menu point “License” where you can either activate a new license file or deactivate the currently used license file.

After deactivating the license, you can use Adabas with the restrictions defined for the community edition; for example you must use the nucleus parameter NOPLOG.

Regards,
Wolfgang

1 Like

I could solve the issue by reinstalling the ADABAS in a pure Windows computer. It really doesn’t work on Windows KVM.
Thanks everybody for the support.
Cheers.

Adabas 6.3 Community Edition does not require a license key.

Yes, I know this. But still I am getting this error when I try to start or create new database.

Maybe that you have activated an invalid license file. I recommend that you start the DBA workbench and then select in the menu License → Deactivate.