Issues in ADABAS DBA Workbench

I recently downloaded the Windows Version of ADABAS from www.softwareag.com.

As per page-5 of the PDF document - ‘200808_GettingStarted_tcm16-44429.pdf’ which i got in my mail on registration, i installed the sample database using the icon “Create Demo Database

Hello,

could you please check the location C:\ProgramData\Software AG\lkey?
In case of a default installation and without other Adabas versions, there shouldn’t be any license file.
The community edition does not need any license file.

Best Regards

Klaus

Hi Klaus

There is a licence file named ‘ADA61.xml’ in the folder location mentioned above.

Regards
Anshul

Hi Anshul,

the community does not need a license. If you have not installed other versions of Adabas 6.1, you could save your license file ada61.xml at “%CommonProgramFiles%Software AG\lkey” and delete it at this location.
Otherwise you have to check the content of this file. It should look like

• <SoftwareAG_License>
  • .... ..... .. ...
  • Unlimited winxp_pro,w2000p,winvista,winxp64_pro ADA ADA61FSETALL Adabas Server 6.1 Production ... Internal
  • 100 Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited yes yes 3 no

Best Regards

Klaus

Hi Klaus

I checked the XML file at the folder location -
C:/ProgramData/SoftwareAG/lkey

I have attached the XML file with this reply, and i believe it is not correct.

Please suggest remedial steps.
ADA61.xml (9.85 KB)

Hi Anshul,

You can deactivate the invalid license file via the DBA workbench:
Select License->Deactivate
Pkease note that the Adabas community edition has a limited functionality, and this limited functionality is available without a license file. However, with a valid license you can upgrade the community edition Adabas to the full Adabas functionality.

Regards,
Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang

I tried deactivating the licence file, but was not able to.
I got the following error -
Remove Failed, rc=-1

Please help me as i’m still not able to use ADABAS on my Windows Vista. :cry:

I deleted the Licence File named ‘ADA61.xml’ from the folder location -
C:/ProgramData/SoftwareAG/lkey

The ADABAS workbench started functioning and I was able to create a Database and activate it.

Hope I did it correctly :?:

Hi Anshul,

Unfortunately the workbench still has a problem with deactivating the license file on Windows Vista.
Deleting the ADA61.xml file was the correct action - this is exactly what the DBA Workbench deactivate license file also does when it works correctly.

Regards,
Wolfgang